Home

TheSinner.net

help!!

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

help!!

Postby KatLeighMat on Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:03 pm

i know there's been loads of similar questions... but (coming from Texas), it takes me a bit of extra effort to catch on. i'll be staying in DRA/FS0905... can anybody help me out with a)wherever that is (floor, etc.) and b)what my bare necessities will be (as i'm coming from the states, i can't bring everything) and c) what can i expect the weather to be as i get there?... patience and assistance greatly appreciated.
KatLeighMat

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:42 pm

Quoting KatLeighMat from 16:53, 31st Aug 2005
i know there's been loads of similar questions... but (coming from Texas), it takes me a bit of extra effort to catch on. i'll be staying in DRA/FS0905... can anybody help me out with a)wherever that is (floor, etc.) and b)what my bare necessities will be (as i'm coming from the states, i can't bring everything) and c) what can i expect the weather to be as i get there?... patience and assistance greatly appreciated.

0905 = flat nine, room 5. Dunno what FS is. forsaken, perhaps.

weather will be blustery and a little chilly. possibly rain. yar
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:22 pm

FS probably stands for Forbes

[hr]

[s]A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
---Robert Frost[/s]
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Duffman on Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:26 pm

my money is on FS being Fraser, one of the new blocks, lucky you!

Necessities, hmmmm, it depends on what you count as necessary, you could survive quite easily with a set of clothes and a credit card (preferably daddies) as you can get pretty much anything over here that you need, except Mountain Dew, bring that any everyone will want to be your friend :D.
Sensibly; bring clothes, a laptop if you have one, and any sentimental items (photos etc). Stuff like duvet covers, cutlery and dining sets can easily be purchased from Tescos or WoolWorth at a reasonable price.

[hr]

"Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff"
Don't dream too far,
Don't lose sight of who you are.
Duffman

Re:

Postby Phantasm on Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:30 pm

Maybe Fraser, but more likely Forbes...

[hr]

"We will build our own cities in which there will be no place for humans except to serve our ends, and we shall found our own armies, our own religion, our own dynasty, and that day is upon you NOW"
Dean Learner: "I had a cat once. I dropped a safe on it. It was a write-off, so I stood on it's head."
Phantasm

Re:

Postby levin on Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:46 pm

My money is on Fraser.

I'm sure the prefix for Forbes is FB.
levin

Re:

Postby Chinchilla33 on Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:22 am

If you take a look on the back of the info they give you for DRA, FS is Fraser.

FB for Forbes.
Chinchilla33

Re:

Postby _ on Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:04 pm

Texas? Which city are you from? Houston?

You'll be on the top floor (what we'd call the fourth in Texas) if my memory serves me correctly. Here is a map of DRA just in case you want to know where exactly Fraser is located: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~drafp/dramap.jpg.

Duffman's advice on stuff to bring is excellent. Remember you can always bring back more stuff later at Christmas assuming you plan on returning home.

It'll definitely be much cooler than wherever you are in Texas at the moment. I'd say that the lows will be in the 50s and the highs in the upper 60s lower 70s.

Quoting KatLeighMat from 16:53, 31st Aug 2005
_

Re:

Postby Trish on Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:04 pm

Hey Kat!

I'm assigned to DRA FS0901 -- so I'm thinking we're probably in the same flat!

I've gotten the contract, with all the list of stuff -- I can scan it and send it to you if you'd like, it would probably make things much easier for you.

Drop me an email at trishchang@alumni.uwo.ca

No Moutain Dew in the UK? What about Ketchup chips......?

Trish
Trish

Return to David Russell Apartments