Home

TheSinner.net

The Student's Residences Union

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

The Student's Residences Union

Postby Anyone on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:30 pm

Having seen a couple of threads and a general attitude of discontent within, I would like to draw your attention to the chance to actually make a difference, rather than just hanker for lower fees on the sinner.

I can make no promises, but essentially the idea is to have a society for the purpose of lowering fees. It will be available to all, like all societies, and like all societies will require a minimum fee of £1. The cash earned through membership subscriptions will be put toward the society's goals, obviously.

This should result in the organisation of a large group of students who would then be able to make a consolidated effort at making the relevant authorities take notice, and most importantly action over our concerns.

Please post your interested here and we will get back to you. If there's no interest, there will be righteous anger at any more whinging. (This needs to be quick; societies need to be registered before the semester begins.)

Contact ag56@st-and.ac.uk for more information, or if you want to help.
Anyone

Re:

Postby The Yettoner on Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:46 pm

Sounds good to me.

What do we need to do?

And how likely is anyone actually likely to listen to us? Isn't that what our representatives are for? They just seem to get fobbed off.

[hr]

"Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see." - Hebrews 11:1
"Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see." - Hebrews 11:1
The Yettoner

Return to David Russell Apartments