Home

TheSinner.net

Lang - builders

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:29 pm

Okay, they are cunts sometimes, but that isn't what that e-mail means. Jim is a nice guy and is in no way related to the managerial decisions in the residence. When he says he will pass it onto Sarah Paye he means it. She is the only person in any position to do anything about it.

Now she might do nothing, but thats her, not the warden. The warden has no control over factors like that.

[hr]

I'd like to change the world but they won't give me the source code.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:37 pm

ahahaha

Look at you all-what youre going to meet up and draft a letter-get over it or move out.

A bunch of students vs uni and accom. services
How funny you losers

Re:

Postby ezra on Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:42 am

*bump*
ezra

Re:

Postby Rilla on Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:31 pm

Hi, sorry to stick my nose into DRA business - but we had a similar problem at Gannochy last year - builders came in to replace windows 2-3 weeks before dissertations were due. The people to contact are the warden (though it is nearly amusing how little power they actually have), Isobel Clifford (though she will probably pass it on), Ben Reilly, and the estates guy, Roger what's his name.
Good luck with this, we managed to defer work, but not til several people had been really disturbed, and the university did make it look like they were doing us a favour.
It's true, the university treat the people living in residences like crap mostly, they don't realise that it's actually where we live - our home - not some holiday we're taking.
I can't imagine you'll get money back, but that's cos im a cynical bitch. Good luck trying, let me know how you get on!

[hr]

Time Dedicated to You.
Be good to yourself because nobody else has the power to make you happy.
Rilla

Re:

Postby johness on Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:26 pm

I used to live in Lang 11 last year and they were making a racket back then too. The start way to early and I can't believe they're still going. It was so frustrating to be woken up by them reversing everywhere (though I never actually witnessed them going anywhere backwards!) they're fond of shouting too. You guys should DEFINATELY complain. Make sure you go through all the proper routes, get advice from Ben Rilley and maybe write in to The Saint?

[hr]

[s]As I walk away, I look over my shoulder to see what I'm leaving behind. Pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes failed...[/s]
[s]As I walk away, I look over my shoulder to see what I'm leaving behind. Pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes failed...[/s]
johness

Re:

Postby thebrookster on Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:05 pm

If you have the same warden as Gatty, i.e Isobel Clifford, it might be worth going above her head to the Director of RESBUS. Isobel is a stickler for the rules, and from what I can gather sees that her job is to net as much money for residential services as possible! (She is the head of residential services as well as being warden for some reidences).
thebrookster

Re:

Postby Kaydo. on Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:29 am

It's the beeping that I find most annoying, its like they drive around everywhere in reverse on purpose to get the maximum beepage out of thier stupid diggers. Hell if you were standing behind one I think youd hear it coming anyway which makes me wonder why these annoying devices are even fitted. argh!
Kaydo.

Previous

Return to David Russell Apartments