Home

TheSinner.net

DRA anti-social?

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:01 am

I love a good whoopsie, yes i do
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:56 am

yeh it is...it's gay as well
Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!!

Re:

Postby @V5 on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:05 am

I agree---DRA is well shit, antisocial and muchos gay.
@V5

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:23 am

bicarbonate of soda

[hr]

I'd like to change the world but they won't give me the source code.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:44 am

In all seriousness though the only people who can sort that feeling are yourselves. How about arranging to do something together?

I know the party regulations are quite strict and stuff but DRA is quite idealy suited to hosting things like dinner parties and communal games. You know, good old fashioned fun. :P

[hr]

I'd like to change the world but they won't give me the source code.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby paw paw on Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:41 pm

It was really good last year...just too quiet this year..or maybe we were just realy loud first years..
paw paw

Re:

Postby @V5 on Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:55 pm

To be totally honest Munchingfoo, I wouldnt give half the people who live here my time, what lets all trash peoples flats, and then when we are sober, lets ignore them and not even say hi.

Pretty pathetic, and the count down starts here, when I can move to town and be closer to the people who I would rather associate (Apart from the group of friends who live here now who are moving to town anyway--Im not talking about you guys!)

I think everything is shit about dra and Im allowed my opinion, the wardens sort nohting out, only care when your making noise, and they have a far too close relationship with students.

Nope-give me fife park people, albany park people----anything but dra it sucks.
@V5

Re:

Postby Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! on Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:55 pm

yeh last year was amazing...now it's full of knobs and certain unsocialable groups of people. I think you get a bit scunnered of people/places if you hang around too long. live here for a year max man. everythings so boring and the atmosphere has totally gone. when you go visit people its as if youre doing the weirdest thing in the world.
Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!!

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:39 pm

I kinda agree with the antisocial thing. As @V5 said, there are a few exceptions but many people honestly do look at you out of the corner of their eye and scuttle off as though receiving a greeting from you will make them spontaneously combust.

It's probably what you make of it, but it's still a massive fucking effort to make much of anything socially here (he says posting on a web forum. I'm aware of the irony).

Hi ho silver, to town!
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby tinker on Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:21 pm

In my oppinion you will always think that the year you arrived in halls was the best one and it just goes down hill from there! I think my first year was the most fun and that was when old DRH existed, so that would be the year before all you guys think DRA was at it's best! Stop complaining and just appreciate each year for it's own merits, otherwise you'll never be content with it!
tinker

Re:

Postby @V5 on Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:35 pm

sorry tinker...what merits would that be??
@V5

Re:

Postby ARTooD2 on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:53 pm

:-(

[hr]

Many Bothans died to bring you this information...
King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:54 am

apart from you artood2!
Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!!

Re:

Postby Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:03 am

I think if there were more events organised things would be much better.....group nights out, lady's night, gents nights, competitions, BBQ's, theme nights, (god forbit) a john burnett style toga party...just the random stuff that seems to go on in other halls and keeps everyone busy. all people do is this stupid town is go out and get smashed and sometimes its just a bit sad. there should be less emphasis on "getting wasted" and more time spent on social events that people enjoy.
Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!!

Re:

Postby paw paw on Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:51 pm

This is slighlty off topic but does anyone else have a problem with the RA's being able just to walk into your flat? Do you not think they should have to buzz up or atleast knock on your front door? Last night they just walked straight into our flat...that really gets on my nerves..am i the only one who thinks so??
paw paw

Re:

Postby ARTooD2 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:53 pm

:-)

[hr]

Many Bothans died to bring you this information...
King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby @V5 on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:43 pm

Thats not helpful putting up a smiley face.
Paws asked a serious question, and yeah the RAs and wardens shouldnt just be allowed to walk in, everytime theyve been to ours, they havnt knocked, and then when you jump because some randoms in your flat, you get told off for making noise.

Pathetic, but then thats DRA.
@V5

Re:

Postby paw paw on Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:39 pm

I vote we bring back PC Dave...thats when DRA really went all downhill
paw paw

Re:

Postby barbiedoll on Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:45 pm

bring back pc dave!!! Keep it doon lasses keep it doon, ill no take yer name this time..... oh the good times!! hehe!! not like the ras we have now who give u into trouble for looking out the window (slight exaggeration but that is what its gonnae come to eventually)!!
barbiedoll

Re:

Postby Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! on Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:07 am

"what eez theez????? what eez theez??? People having fun????? No no no no no....no fun in DRA"
Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!!

Next

Return to David Russell Apartments