Home

TheSinner.net

Flood in HAIG

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

Re:

Postby leanneski on Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:00 am

Quoting from 19:11, 28th Jan 2006
Quoting Leanneski from 15:40, 28th Jan 2006
Quoting rob 'f*ck off' wine boy from 14:45, 28th Jan 2006
[quote]Quoting from 21:30, 26th Jan 2006
I think Haig evacuees should get free lunches until they are let back in.

I think they should get a kick in the head for each time they post on the sinner....

Don't be rude!

Now the flat will smell like damp and rotten vegetables

Would you personally like to come over and kick me in the head Rob?
Anyway, I think Leanne's flat smells of fresh daisies and cookies and other such pleasant smells, emitted by the intelligent, beautiful and all-round wonderful people that live there[/quote]

We are quite wonderful, apart from that wee one xx
leanneski

Re:

Postby Roadkill on Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:10 pm

Quoting from 18:34, 25th Jan 2006
Well we have now been told 'more information' albeit not much. To be fair they are telling us all they probably know, but they have managed the situation really bady. First of all the email we recieved today was the first one which told us there was no damage to possessions. For the people who are not here it must have been hard knowing there was a flood and having no idea of the damage, the emails have not specified which flats are damaged, and I bet everyone had to find out through a flatmate or other Haig resident rather than residence admin themselves. Also I bet most people in Haig and a fair few other people in DRA knew there had been flood by Sunday morning, and yet residence admin did not send out an email until Sunday evening, I recieved several phonecalls for people wanting information, it should not have to be the students who have to give it. They are also putting back the date we can move in, it is now a week later 'AT EARLIEST' than originally specified by Sarah Pay. To be honest living in Haig this year has been a bit of a piss-take, first we are woken up by the builders who start early and as soon as everyone is woken up by them they take a 3 hour tea break. They didnt even make allowances for Saturday hangovers and revision period. Our flat has had several unrelated drainage problems (bedrooms flooding, dishwasher drainage etc.) and no one seems to care. It is funny that places like Fife Park which is being torn down for being 'unsafe' has not, to my knowledge, had such a problem. According to Brian Lang the sudents want accommodation like DRA, yes the TV ensuite and double bed is a nice luxuary but being flooded out for several weeks, no thanks!

Oh I'm in such a rage. I'm still at home and I had to call up today to find out where i'm going to be living when i get back on Sunday, I have been relocated to Donaldson, but all my stuff is still in Hiag, but they have moved all my stuff, because they need to recarpet the floor. They have moved my laptop and put in somewhere very safe indeed. The bathroom. Yes, that's the logical place to put electrical equipment in a building that's just been flooded, isn't it? Does anyone know if we actually are going to receive compensation?
Roadkill

Re:

Postby B!TCH on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:24 pm

Why did you not come up sooner then

DONT complain on this, the important people arent going to read this

And we dont care
B!TCH

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:30 pm

thats not entirely true. the office staff do read these forums on occasion.

[hr]

Anyone questioning how I post on the sinner, my new way of life, will offend my "religion" and as such will be dealt with in manners inclusive but by no means exlusive of death threats, random acts of violence, maiming of the general public not involved in this matter and finally a Jihad from all my fellow religious sinners.

For years we have been oppressed by you post nazis, the time of change is upon us.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Lid on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:47 am

Indeed they do. They soon changed the code for the Fife Park Computer Room when it was posted on here.

What else would they do? There are six of them on reception.

[hr]

We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:35 pm

Phalice i didnt know you were roadkill, or that you posted on the sinner. p.s. thanks for quoting my obviously elegant and fantastic rant. see you sunday xx

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:58 pm

hahaha and the compensation, what a joke!

Previous

Return to David Russell Apartments