Home

TheSinner.net

Flood in HAIG

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

Flood in HAIG

Postby george on Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:35 pm

I urge all people to group together and make a strong complaint against our treatment since this event. They tell us nothing. Currently we know nothing, because they apparently know nothing; I'm still waiting on that email that they promised.

I'm sure we know it's not their fault but how can't they have forseen something as major as this? It has seriously f**ked up my next 2 weeks ahead - I can't go to work because I'm sitting around waiting to move my stuff back in.

The more people unite, then the more compensation we are likely to get back, and I'm talking about more than the contents of our fridge replaced, more than the refunding our rent that we payed to stay in our room with all our possessions and our TVs, and our computers an our music and our food. The amount of time that this has taken out of our lives, the amount of stress this has caused.

This may not be the best formulated argument, but I'm just more than a little bit upset at the moment. I feel even worse for the people who aren't here and have no idea that their flat could be completely ruined.
george

Re:

Postby Lau on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:12 pm

Man Alive what's happened down there?! How have I missed this?!
Lau

Re:

Postby Lid on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:20 pm

I posted something similar on the main board about 2 days ago, but it's been deleted without reason or explanation.

[hr]

We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:36 am

Wow, what's happened in Haig?

I'm in Forbes and my room got flooded the other day, I went to tell a porter and was told he had more important things to deal with. My room now stinks of damp.

The electricity also went in our kitchen (unrelated) and so the fridge freezer went out and I'm not sure for how long since I went home and so I'm unsure whether my food is edible or not :(

[hr]

papercutheart

Re:

Postby M_A_T_T_H_E_W on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:19 pm

"I posted something similar on the main board about 2 days ago, but it's been deleted without reason or explanation."

It's back!!

Main/thesinner/20968

[hr]

What's the food like at the end of the universe?
http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/antispam.html
Please note the above post is not written in English, it is wrottenin obsurce language similar in many ways to English but wit many subtle and major differences.

What's the food like at the end of the universe?
http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/antispam.html
M_A_T_T_H_E_W

Re:

Postby pissed off Haig resident on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:45 pm

Quoting george from 16:13, 23rd Jan 2006
I urge all people to group together and make a strong complaint against our treatment since this event. They tell us nothing. Currently we know nothing, because they apparently know nothing; I'm still waiting on that email that they promised.

I'm sure we know it's not their fault but how can't they have forseen something as major as this? It has seriously f**ked up my next 2 weeks ahead - I can't go to work because I'm sitting around waiting to move my stuff back in.

The more people unite, then the more compensation we are likely to get back, and I'm talking about more than the contents of our fridge replaced, more than the refunding our rent that we payed to stay in our room with all our possessions and our TVs, and our computers an our music and our food. The amount of time that this has taken out of our lives, the amount of stress this has caused.

This may not be the best formulated argument, but I'm just more than a little bit upset at the moment. I feel even worse for the people who aren't here and have no idea that their flat could be completely ruined.

Do you think we will actually get compensation? after all it wasnt during term time and we have been relocated within DRA, im sure they will find some way to worm out of giving us anything, especially if we live in the undamaged flats. But I agree that we should try and do something, being kept up half the night without being told anything is frustrating, as is having to find out strands of information through different Haig residents that are all being told different things. Plus ive been moved into a flat where everyone has gone home, which isnt just awkward for me but the people who live here who will return to find some stranger has been living in their flat. However I did love the letter they sent out on Monday 'updating us on the progress of repairs' and then proceding to tell us nothing we didnt already know, concluding with 'I am sorry I am not able to give you more definite information' what was the point in the letter then?

Sorry about the long boring rant, feel free to ignore most of it except Haig unite for compensation and better information as to how this happened in a building less that three years old.
pissed off Haig resident

Re:

Postby leanneski on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:01 pm

Quoting pissed off Haig resident from 11:13, 25th Jan 2006

Do you think we will actually get compensation? after all it wasnt during term time and we have been relocated within DRA, im sure they will find some way to worm out of giving us anything, especially if we live in the undamaged flats. But I agree that we should try and do something, being kept up half the night without being told anything is frustrating, as is having to find out strands of information through different Haig residents that are all being told different things. Plus ive been moved into a flat where everyone has gone home, which isnt just awkward for me but the people who live here who will return to find some stranger has been living in their flat. However I did love the letter they sent out on Monday 'updating us on the progress of repairs' and then proceding to tell us nothing we didnt already know, concluding with 'I am sorry I am not able to give you more definite information' what was the point in the letter then?

Sorry about the long boring rant, feel free to ignore most of it except Haig unite for compensation and better information as to how this happened in a building less that three years old.

Charlotte my little minx, is that you?
To continue the ranting, our dishwasher has been broken since before christmas and still isn't fixed. DRA is a pile of piss, we pay so much money to live here and they can't even send someone out to fix a dishwasher. Fair enough you cannot help a flood but keeping us informed would be helpful, I am at home and have recieved no information as to whether any of my stuff has been damaged or not. I now know that it hasn't but found that out through a friend. I hope the people whose stuff was damaged were told separately and not left to find out for themselves because that would not surprise me.
Anyway, as my dad would say "this is all character building!".

http://www.colonel-stratho.co.uk
leanneski

Re:

Postby paw paw on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:40 pm

Leanneski! our dishwasher broke LAST year as in 2004 in oct and didnt get fixed til THIS sept! so i wouldnt hold you breath...they also never replaced our fridge even tho we told them that it was stinking, the only thing they did replace was the kettle...which broke after 4weeks and we had to get a new one :)
paw paw

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:02 pm

I don't live in DRA, obviously so to most, but this is utterly outrageous, i had no idea things were so bad there.

You should all write everything that has gone wrong (within reason, you know things break and they take time to fix but nearly a year for a dishwasher is out of order) and give them to someone. I don't really know who. If you were in fife park I would be happy to accept them and compile a complaint, maybe Ben would be willing to do the same?

[hr]

I'd like to change the world but they won't give me the source code.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:42 pm

Dont worry leanneski they fixed our dishwasher on Friday, not that we have had chance to use it much!!! P.S. am impressed that you could tell it was me!

Re:

Postby leanneski on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:57 pm

Quoting from 16:19, 25th Jan 2006
Dont worry leanneski they fixed our dishwasher on Friday, not that we have had chance to use it much!!! P.S. am impressed that you could tell it was me!

Well done Mr Dishwasher fixerer!!! I apologise for any offence caused.
Still, if our flat smells due to the flood, a supply of air freshener (free of charge) would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.noiseatthecavern.co.uk/
leanneski

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:55 pm

hahahahaha!

haha!
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:40 pm

Well we have now been told 'more information' albeit not much. To be fair they are telling us all they probably know, but they have managed the situation really bady. First of all the email we recieved today was the first one which told us there was no damage to possessions. For the people who are not here it must have been hard knowing there was a flood and having no idea of the damage, the emails have not specified which flats are damaged, and I bet everyone had to find out through a flatmate or other Haig resident rather than residence admin themselves. Also I bet most people in Haig and a fair few other people in DRA knew there had been flood by Sunday morning, and yet residence admin did not send out an email until Sunday evening, I recieved several phonecalls for people wanting information, it should not have to be the students who have to give it. They are also putting back the date we can move in, it is now a week later 'AT EARLIEST' than originally specified by Sarah Pay. To be honest living in Haig this year has been a bit of a piss-take, first we are woken up by the builders who start early and as soon as everyone is woken up by them they take a 3 hour tea break. They didnt even make allowances for Saturday hangovers and revision period. Our flat has had several unrelated drainage problems (bedrooms flooding, dishwasher drainage etc.) and no one seems to care. It is funny that places like Fife Park which is being torn down for being 'unsafe' has not, to my knowledge, had such a problem. According to Brian Lang the sudents want accommodation like DRA, yes the TV ensuite and double bed is a nice luxuary but being flooded out for several weeks, no thanks!

Re:

Postby leanneski on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:55 pm

Quoting from 18:34, 25th Jan 2006
To be honest living in Haig this year has been a bit of a piss-take, first we are woken up by the builders who start early and as soon as everyone is woken up by them they take a 3 hour tea break. They didnt even make allowances for Saturday hangovers and revision period. Our flat has had several unrelated drainage problems (bedrooms flooding, dishwasher drainage etc.) and no one seems to care.

Do I live in the same flat as you?
leanneski

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:36 pm

And now Forbes, Scott and Haig get free refreshments for their power being turned off for a few hours, and nothing to people in Haig who have had to buy in loads of food and drink to replace the stuff in the flats. Ridiculous, ok yes they should provide that for the other buildings, but I think Haig evacuees should get free lunches until they are let back in.

Re:

Postby abc123 on Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:45 pm

Quoting leanneski from 14:01, 25th Jan 2006
Quoting pissed off Haig resident from 11:13, 25th Jan 2006

Charlotte my little minx, is that you?
To continue the ranting, our dishwasher has been broken since before christmas and still isn't fixed. DRA is a pile of piss, we pay so much money to live here and they can't even send someone out to fix a dishwasher. Fair enough you cannot help a flood but keeping us informed would be helpful, I am at home and have recieved no information as to whether any of my stuff has been damaged or not. I now know that it hasn't but found that out through a friend. I hope the people whose stuff was damaged were told separately and not left to find out for themselves because that would not surprise me.
Anyway, as my dad would say "this is all character building!".

http://www.colonel-stratho.co.uk

Leanneski your flat smells like rotton vegetables all the time anyway!
abc123

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:45 pm

Quoting from 21:30, 26th Jan 2006
I think Haig evacuees should get free lunches until they are let back in.

I think they should get a kick in the head for each time they post on the sinner....
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby leanneski on Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:40 pm

Quoting rob 'f*ck off' wine boy from 14:45, 28th Jan 2006

I think they should get a kick in the head for each time they post on the sinner....

Don't be rude!

Now the flat will smell like damp and rotten vegetables
leanneski

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 pm

Quoting abc123 from 14:45, 28th Jan 2006

Leanneski your flat smells like rotton vegetables all the time anyway![/quote]

I know, but know it will smell of dampness and rotten vegetables. The stress of it all!

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:25 pm

Quoting Leanneski from 15:40, 28th Jan 2006
Quoting rob 'f*ck off' wine boy from 14:45, 28th Jan 2006

Don't be rude!

Now the flat will smell like damp and rotten vegetables

Would you personally like to come over and kick me in the head Rob?
Anyway, I think Leanne's flat smells of fresh daisies and cookies and other such pleasant smells, emitted by the intelligent, beautiful and all-round wonderful people that live there

Next

Return to David Russell Apartments