Home

TheSinner.net

DRA TV Licenses

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

DRA TV Licenses

Postby ja242 on Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Hi

Has anyone else had the email about TV licenses telling us that actually you only need one license per flat?

In the welcome package it clearly states each member needs their own license. Our flat has five licenses, so weve spent £100 each when actually we only need to have spent £20 each. Shame DRA couldnt have told us about this 'informal arrangement with the TV licensing department' before we all bought our licenses and/or arrived at DRA.

Anyway has anyone else suffered the same problem?

Jon
ja242

Re:

Postby Garnet on Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:54 pm

i was worrying about not having one and my flatmates have them :-)

I thought that was the case as well that each room had to have one and it was stated in the welcome pack i am sure.

[hr]

It's about time the piano realized that it did not write the concerto

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106569
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Re:

Postby Lid on Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:58 pm

Hmm, even though we've all bought them, couldn't we cancel them all but one and claim them back?

I know at the end of the year, when we move out, we're able to claim back the months we're not in residence for, or so I was told by the people on the phone.

Could be a good money maker, then chip a bit in to cover the remaining TV licence?

[hr]

We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby ja242 on Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:28 pm

Yes you can do that apparently - it's more the principle thats made me angry to be honest. We were explicity told to buy one each and now it transpires that theyve had an informal arrangement for the last couple of years.

Why could they not have told us this when we moved in rather than four months down the line? It would have saved us all the hassle of having to ring up and get our money back etc etc.
ja242

Return to David Russell Apartments