Home

TheSinner.net

David Russell Apartments 3rd Annual Ball

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:45 am

Such an early rise for a long day ahead.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Garnet on Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:19 pm

I know I have left it quite late, but is it still possible to get tickets?

[hr]

Oh no, have i said too much? Damn, damn these lips of mine!

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106569
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Re:

Postby Lid on Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:19 am

Fucking amazing.

[hr]

We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:38 am

I was too ill to go :(

[hr]

papercutheart

Re:

Postby Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! on Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:49 am

I just wanted to say well done to john...i managed to have a fantastic time at the ball without a drop of alcohol....now thats something!

good work!

xx
Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!!

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:58 pm

Hands up who thought the ball was shit. *puts hand up* "RUDE" was the theme of my evening.

No disrespect to John as the ball convenor, I'm sure he did a great job, but the hotel and the staff just didn't cut it. I found them irrepressibly rude throughout the whole evening, including the bouncers/doormen/security staff (I assume they are S2, and the rudeness is the same as at the union), and would no way want to go back to that hotel unless I was a paying guest. I understand that staff working at a hotel have to put up with a lot of shit, but that really is no excuse for treating us like that. Not all of us are drunk lazy students and I don't appreciate being tarred with the same brush as them. Please and thankyou go a long way, especially for a 5* hotel who prides itself on reputation.

Steph was also very rude when I spoke to her. Out of order, considering she's supposed to be "one of us" Mind you, I wasn't surprised, since shouting "dobber" out of car windows at me was a specialty back in the day.

Just when I thought my night was getting better, I returned to my table, to find it completely cleared. Our masks had been BINNED. I spent so much time, effort and money on making that mask, and I only now wish that I had taken up the offer to make a free one.

I was with good friends, having a great time, and all these things just completely ruined my night. I pay 50 quid hall subs for what? To have people be rude to me, and my mask STOLEN. Can't even get newspapers at the weekend because the bistro is shut.

As for me being an unregistered user, don't use that argument against me. There's no point in me setting up an account at this time of night just so I can post one comment. If there's anyone on the shambles of a committee I can officially complain to, then let me know.

Re:

Postby paw paw on Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:39 pm

Get a life! The ball was really good, and it was what you made of it...i say well done to everyone that organised it.

Steph was under alot of pressure before and during the ball...they had been there since early that morning setting up, not to mention the amount of time the committee have spent getting decorations, selling tickets etc.

You cannot hold the committee responsible for the action of the hotel staff..and i believe the sercurity is known as S3 and not S2....so before you start bitching on the sinner about how 'crap' the ball was, why dont you stop and try to think about the amount of work that goes into organising it and remember that not everyone is as 'perfect' at organising events as what you are!

I for one had a brilliant time..and again very well done to everyone, I couldnt have done better myself.
paw paw

Re:

Postby toffee on Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:46 pm

I had a fantastic time!

The whole night was awesome and i thank all the organisers for their hard work. The ball was fab!
toffee

Re:

Postby barbiedoll on Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:08 pm

I will admit that I wasn't looking forward to the ball, but I ended up having a good time! Great effort guys!!
barbiedoll

Re:

Postby ja242 on Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:25 pm

Great ball. Thanks very much for a super night.
ja242

Re:

Postby PaddyW on Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:38 pm

£3.50 for a burger?!?! I could feed three people for that, it would taste better and be better for you! And I've paid already...

[hr]

"The truth is usually an excuse for lack of imagination." Garak
"SWORD-CHUCKS, YO!"
Where's the ocean's daughter? Was Peter Pan in Mordor? Do you know if Merlin did exist?
Or Frodo wore the ring? Did Corum kill the gods?
Or where's the wonderland Which young Alice had seen Or was it just a dream? I knew the answers; Now they're lost for me
PaddyW

Re:

Postby pinkymoo on Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:41 am

The prices for the drinks and food were NOTHING to do with us, it is the Bay's prices, and we could do nothing about it.
pinkymoo

Re:

Postby Griggsy on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:27 pm

I had nothing to drink but had a good time. If you're so depressed with it all unregisterd user (cant even admit who he is!) why don't you try and organise one yourself! The only let down was the fact that it was on a Sunday, finished quite early, and the DJ started playing Bop music from bout 11 which was a let down. Jazz band was kushty tho

[hr]

'I run wild in the shadowy jungle of erotic adventures.'
'I run wild in the shadowy jungle of erotic adventures.'
Griggsy

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:51 pm

Quoting Griggsy from 14:27, 21st Feb 2006
If you're so depressed with it all unregisterd user (cant even admit who he is!) why don't you try and organise one yourself!

Well first of all they said why they are posting as an Unregistered User.

But on top of that it's probably best that they post unregistered as people around here seem to take a little bit of criticism as a personal attack and become offended and give a kneejerk reaction...

[hr]

papercutheart

Re:

Postby paw paw on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:44 pm

That was not alittle bit of critism that was someone having a complete go at Steph...fair ebough if there were aspects of the ball that were unfair such as the prices of the drinks but thats to do with the bay. Just appreciate what the committee has done for us, afterall if they hadnt arranged a ball for us im sure there would be peopleon the sinner moaning about how unfair dra is and how we dont get anything out of our hallsubs
paw paw

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:13 am

Hmm...I beleive the unregistered user only complained about things that were infact avoidable.

Staff being rude? Stolen belongings? Even if these were the fault of the Bay, it is not exactly something that should be included in the package and if such complaints are coming in to the committee then it is something that they should bring up with the Bay.

As for the unregistered user 'having a complete go' at Steph, well all the facts aren't before us. If Steph was infact rude to him/her for no aparant reason then he/she has every right to have a go at her. But again, don't know all the facts.

[hr]

papercutheart

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:01 am

To the unregistered user, the bistro is open at the weekends, what are you talking about?

And hey guys, i had a pretty good nite destpite the drinks being beyond affordable for me, so many thanks for the ticket :-)

(from caroline, the girl at the bistro, if you don't know :-P)

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Brother Munro on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:37 am

Good night apart from the DJ (and that is more a conflict of taste than anything) and the mess of the early busses back, but I reckon that was S3/Fisher's fault. The committee did a stand up job if you ask me. And yes the Bay's prices are silly, but it is impossible to reduce them without blood sacrifices of your firstborn.

[hr]

Hail Ilpalazzo!
Courage and Honour!
http://www.everyclick.com/uk/ Search the internet Charitably
http://www.coronarythrombosistrust.org.uk Save a Heart
Courage and Honour!
http://www.everyclick.com/uk/ Search the internet Charitably
http://www.coronarythrombosistrust.org.uk Save a Heart
http://web.mac.com/brothermunro My Page of Random
Brother Munro

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:12 am

SEE THIS IS REALLY WEIRD BECAUSE WE ALL ASSUMED THAT THE CHAMPAGNE HAD RUN OUT LAST NIGHT, SO WHY DID SOMEBODY SEE FOUR BOXES OF THE STUFF BEEN CARRIED IN TO THE FAC BAR A MOMENT AGO.

Re:

Postby Kaydo. on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:12 am

I thought it was a good evening and the organisers wernt really to blame for most of what people are moaning about. You also have to expect those prices at this sort of venue/event, although it does encourage people to buy in and get half-cut before even arriving. Anyway, well done John (and others).
Kaydo.

PreviousNext

Return to David Russell Apartments