Home

TheSinner.net

DRA Bar/Bistro

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

DRA Bar/Bistro

Postby paw paw on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:46 pm

I was just wondering why nobody chose to use the bar and bistro when they had a chance to??

Being a regular in both the bar and bistro im disappointed that the bar is now closed because people wont use it. What do you think would have made it better?
paw paw

Re:

Postby Lid on Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:36 pm

I chose to use the bistro. I still do. The bistro is simply wonderful, the staff are great.

I also chose to use the bar, but to be honest, it was a staging post. No late licence, expensive prices in semester one, only DRAers. It meant the only use it really got was those stopping off on the way to t'union.

To make the bar better: Keep prices at union prices. Move it closer to town (with 2 Chinook helicopters). Allow non-DRAers in. Have things happening there more often.

[hr]

We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby Darth Fanboy on Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:59 pm

I don't use the Bistro because the bunch of us usually eat at the flat. Sometimes I even do some cooking myself.

I don't/didn't use the bar because I don't go to bars. The only time I give custom to a bar is the one in Venue 2 when RockSoc is on.

[hr]

EVIL IS NOT A PHILOSOPHY. IT IS NEITHER A MEANS NOR AN END. IT IS AN ATTITUDE AND A LIFESTYLE. Make no excuses. Support no ideology. Never explain. You're EVIL. Just do it.

Hold on to your asses, ass holders.
Nobody wants to read about a single mom trying to raise a kid and keep a job. People want to read about explosions, monsters, and exploding monsters.

http://Nelson40000.bebo.com
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37102260
Darth Fanboy

Re:

Postby ARTooD2 on Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:00 pm

If the bar had had a late liscence even one night a week, and the bistro area was turned into a dance floor...I'm sure it would have been much better used...as for the prices...well in my opinion they weren't even that bad....but meh

[hr]

Many Bothans died to bring you this information...
King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby Kaydo. on Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:23 am

The prices were good towards the end but, like someone else pointed out, it was the expensive cashpoint which ruined it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't carry cash around unnecisarily, I get some out before going in the union on the lash, but apart from that I pay for everything by card.
Kaydo.

Return to David Russell Apartments