Home

TheSinner.net

Digging

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

Digging

Postby ARTooD2 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:18 pm

What exactly are they digging outside donaldson and the nursery for??

[hr]

Facebook...ruining peoples lives since 2004...
King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:55 pm

I believe it is to connect up utilities to the new blocks being built.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby ARTooD2 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:57 pm

hmmm...seems rather short sighted of them...surely they knew they were building more blocks...

Quoting munchingfoo from 14:55, 13th Mar 2006
I believe it is to connect up utilities to the new blocks being built.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!

[hr]

Facebook...ruining peoples lives since 2004...
King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:53 pm

To be quite honest with you, I'm not sure they did know. I'm almost certain that the plans displayed in DRH over the summer of 2003 showed only the current blocks. This phase is either new, or atleast newly documented, it would appear.

[hr]

I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby dra senior student on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:44 pm

They only got planning permission at the end of the academic year last year and are building more in response to the decommissioning of Hamilton Hall and the demand for more ensuite self-catered accommodation...

But that doesn't really explain why they had to dig a trench along the forest between Scott and Haig and there was a trench between Tulloch and Forbes... and one between the new pond and the main one...

Someday DRA might be free of construction, but this is has been a construction site for the past four years, so they must be coming to an end soon...
dra senior student

Re:

Postby Roulette on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:47 am

Quoting dra senior student from 14:44, 14th Mar 2006
Someday DRA might be free of construction, but this is has been a construction site for the past four years, so they must be coming to an end soon...

In Fife we are notorious for not building quickly :P

Why, they started rebuilding Bell Baxter High School (in Cupar) when my dad was there, and hadn't finished when I left...

[hr]

If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
Roulette

Re:

Postby smile on Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:40 pm

Is it university policy to dig on Sunday as well?
smile

Re:

Postby Lid on Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:28 pm

I think it's the contractor's policy to be as rude and annoying to students as possible. Even if this means giving up Sundays.

[hr]

We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:49 pm

There's a demand for more ensuite self-catered accomodation? I'm sure that in a couple of years time there will be a lot more of a demand for something students can actually afford :-P

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Ian McFarlane on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:49 pm

Digging is also the name of a sophisticated dance move.
Ian McFarlane

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:51 pm

Can you dig it? Yes you can.

[hr]

munchingfoo

Return to David Russell Apartments