Home

TheSinner.net

Fife Park Party

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

Fife Park Party

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:55 am

Fife Park is hosting its first ever major evening event and everyone is welcome to come.

The cost is only £3 which is excellent value for money. Tickets available on the door, venue 1 - this Saturday 9 till close.

Please help us make this a success so we may host more in the future. Thanks.

Headway, winner of the Element Award for Best Club Night 2005 - 2006, rolls into town on Saturday 29th April at St Andrews Union.

Residents
(Cotton Club - Dundee) Bruce Anderson, Graeme Binnie and Neil Clark have been providing Dundee with the finest house, breaks, acid, electro and techno for nearly 2 years, and have played alongside many superb underground DJs such as Percy X, Greg Vickers, Section 75, Jon Virtue, Steven Foulds and Brian Robertson to name but a few. Having also played in Aberdeen, Glasgow and Middlesbrough recently, things are definitely looking up for the lads.

Joining them will be regular Headway guests Dyte and Jamie Smaile. Dyte, known for his highly enthusiastic approach, will be one to watch on the night. Jamie Smaile, who hosts rotationradio on Heartland FM every Saturday from 10pm to 12am, will be providing a more down tempo sound.

http://www.rotationradio.com

In what looks set to be a tremendous night of quality dance music, make sure you don't miss it!

Keep up to date with Headway events at The Cotton Club in Dundee by logging on to: http://www.club-headway.co.uk

Bands will be available in the facilities building that saturday or on the door of Venue 1.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Griggsy on Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:51 am

IS there any reason DRA residents have to pay? I might be totally wrong here so correct me if I am, but I didn't think Fife Park residents have had to pay for any DRA hosted parties.

Even so I'll probably still turn up cos it's about time the kinda music that's going to be played gets more airtime in this town

[hr]

'I run wild in the shadowy jungle of erotic adventures.'
Griggsy

Re:

Postby Lau on Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:00 pm

Quoting Griggsy from 10:51, 26th Apr 2006
IS there any reason DRA residents have to pay? I might be totally wrong here so correct me if I am, but I didn't think Fife Park residents have had to pay for any DRA hosted parties.

Even so I'll probably still turn up cos it's about time the kinda music that's going to be played gets more airtime in this town

[hr]

Nope, that's right...Fifey get free stuff from us, so why the hell should we have to pay?
Lau

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:25 pm

That is incorrect.

Fife Park residents were offered to join in on DRA hall subs at the begining of the year - all refused - as such if any member of Fife Park wishes to turn up to DRA event (such as the quizes in the facilities bar) they have to pay a small fee.

The £3 charged for this event is still less than the normal bop price, it's the fairest I could do I'm afraid since I'm not working with my money.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:54 pm

forgive me for being a C*nt on this one andy,

but honestly i think your party will flop, i'm not saying this maliciously or anything

for a start the music choice is rather "ahem" shall we say unique, you aren't going to appeal to many people with acid beatz and breaks, and a bit of house,

lets just hope you do better than dangerous kitchen in my first year who sold 4 bop bands.. they were a big club night rolling into town, with all the expectations.

anyway,

Best of luck, its not my type of music, but i hope you can pull it off, Damn i want to see you do it,
Mohawk

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:42 pm

You don't appeal to many people with the cheesy pish thats played in the bop every Friday and Saturday either, people go because they are pissed and it's the only club in town.

There's no way it can do as badly as dangerous kitchen since I have already gotten rid of 300 bands.

Dangerous kitchen were a commercial venture which aimmed to make money - this is a hall social which aims to break even and for everyone to have a good time :-)

[hr]

munchingfoo

Return to David Russell Apartments