Home

TheSinner.net

DRA Bistro

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

DRA Bistro

Postby RandomMusings on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:18 pm

I've heard that the Bistro in DRA is to be shut completely at weekends soon. This makes parcel collection at the weekends not an option. I'd be interested to hear opinions.
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Re: DRA Bistro

Postby Ruru Hedgehog on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:00 pm

That's a bit of a shame that they're closing the Bistro... But then again, it hardly gets used, so I can see why they'd do it. Still, on a completely selfish note, it'd be nice if the option to go to the bistro all the time... They do have nice soup there. =D
I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.
Ruru Hedgehog

Postby i dont like mondays on Tue May 12, 2009 8:05 pm

Thats not the only thing, I heard they were shutting the bar or making it voluntarily run (i.e they dont want to pay students anymore) and the dra bess shop is going as DRA arent earning any money out of it...rediculous....
i dont like mondays

Postby Ruru Hedgehog on Sat May 16, 2009 1:46 am

I heard about the shop.
And I agree with it being shut down: It's over-priced and under-used.
Apparently, the plan it to make that space into another computer room (so that people can't haxxors their merry ways in to the world of gaming so easily), which would be beneficial for students who use the facilities building for studying.

As for the bar, I hadn't heard anything about it. But the same thing applies. I don't know very many people who frequent to DRA bar - which is a shame, because it's a nice place, and I can't see what's wrong with it: It's well-equipped, it's comfortable, and it's cheaper than most of the bars in town. Saying that, I don't go there often, myself. =|
Ruru Hedgehog

Postby Delts on Sat May 16, 2009 5:31 pm

The DRA bar had a group of followers in my first year, but due to alcohol being cheaper when it's drank in the flat, my friends and I never used it. An off license part of it may actually make it more used, especially at night. All day openings at the weekend may also help since it'd be a good place to chill. Still, it's never going to get used much since people are lazy fucks and can't be arsed leaving their flats.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby Ruru Hedgehog on Sat May 16, 2009 6:18 pm

The DRA shop already provides an off-licence service (albeit, very limited). The over-pricing issue comes into play again with that one. Having a dedicated off-licence part in the DRA bar would be a good idea, but I can see that not being used much either.

I guess it all comes down, as Delts said, to laziness. But in my experince, I've not gone to the DRA main building, because I've had no reason to (I'm going to the Nisbet Room tonight, for the first time, and I've lived here for the entire academic year). They have all these great facilities, but they don't really make them attractive to people who live in DRAFP. Although, that's probably a good thing given that most, if not all residents of DRAFP need to study - handing them reasons to procrastinate on a plate probably wouldn't go down well with the University.
Ruru Hedgehog

Postby Kegrad on Sat May 16, 2009 8:04 pm

When I lived in DRA I only found the games room on the day I was moving out! (It's down the corridor next to reception in case anyone else is as daft as me) The facilites aren't well publicised, and you've got to explore a bit to find things. Also, people keep using the bike racks outside in the rain when theres indoor ones - the door that's not a flat but has got a card slot has room in it for that! amazing!
Kegrad

Return to David Russell Apartments