Home

TheSinner.net

Freshers Week events?

Please feel free to discuss any matters surrounding Fife Park. If you have any problems please e-mail the moderator of this board.

Freshers Week events?

Postby Colleen on Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:20 pm

Moving into Fife Park in September as a second-year, but since I think a week more or less dedicted to partying is a fine and noble idea, I'm wondering if there's any freshers events on in Fife Park?

(Or, indeed, if there are any first years?)
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Pan on Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:47 pm

Yeah, I'd like to know this too- I'd like to get to know a few more people in fife park- not that I don't already know half of the population already!

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Roulette on Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:51 pm

I don't think Fife Park actually does any Freshers Events. I don't recall any last year and I think the committee-types are dangerously thin on the ground, if not totally non-existant.

I do believe, however, we can take part in DRA's events (if we pay). Also, Fife Park last year was friendly enough to make up for no official Freshers Events.

[hr]

If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Roulette

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:36 pm

Thin on the ground is/was probably a suitable term. I was the only person who seemed to want to do anything last year.

The freshers events are organised by the committee (which is currently non-existent thanks to the amazing numbers of replies (one) to the e-mail regarding elections)

There should be another attempt at voting in a committee shortly.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby rg237 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:41 am

Anyone heard anything about the committee?

It would be good if we have some events in Fife Park, but even if we don't I'm sure we can improvise some how...

[hr]

How do you know the future you've got now is the same future you're going to have if something in the past is different from the last time you went back to the future?
How do you know the future you've got now is the same future you're going to have if something in the past is different from the last time you went back to the future?
rg237

Re:

Postby rg237 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:41 am

Anyone heard anything about the committee?

It would be good if we have some events in Fife Park, but even if we don't I'm sure we can improvise some how...

[hr]

rg237

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:40 pm

The latest news is that there will be no committee until after the first week. Due to the overwhelming apathy to elections last term and the deletion of last year's mailling list the new elections will take place sometime after freshers week.

I am willing to oversee the counting of votes, as last years senior student and non-returning resident I am both informed and unbiased. I would ask to be informed if anyone has any objections to this.

If anyone would like to help in the logistics of running the election please contact me.

Andy

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Pan on Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:14 pm

So it looks like it's make your own freshers week entertainment in fife park then!?

coooool

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Colleen on Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:16 pm

Who's opening up their house for the first party, then? I would, except I have a Mystery Housemate and in a vague attempt to be friendly, I think possibly saying "Hi! Load of people I've never met are coming around tonight, nice to meet you, is that okay?" is possibly not the best way forward.

(Although I am in House 18 and bringing a healthy supply of wine with me, so feel free to drop by at any point. Don't really know about in Fife Park, yet, and I feel that making friends using alcohol is the way forward.)
Colleen

Re:

Postby Pan on Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:00 pm

Unfortunately we may have a mystery housemate too! Heck, maybe we should just convene on the grass outside with a bottle of wine! [img]littleicons/laugh.gif[/img]

[hr]

Pan

Re:

Postby Roulette on Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:33 pm

I shall be in House 15 with Pippignomie. Other than that, I have no clue.

[hr]

Roulette

Re:

Postby Roulette on Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:44 pm

By the way, feel free to come knocking on our door for a blether :p

[hr]

Roulette

Re:

Postby rg237 on Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:45 pm

Same goes for house 3! :-D

[hr]

rg237

Re:

Postby Pan on Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:18 am

Well, the committee has now been organised so hopefully we'll get some events going soon!

Oooh we should totally have a torchwood screening in the Nisbit room on sunday! (or am I just being too sad? :-p )

[hr]

Pan

Re:

Postby Colleen on Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:39 pm

I am the secretary of DocSoc. I was going to organise something, but no, I have rehearsals that evening and cannot watch it and WOE IS ME. No Captain Jack Hotness for me.

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
Colleen

freshers

Postby heathcliff on Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:46 pm

hey. im a first year comin up on the 16th moving into fife park. how does a bbq sound? everyone puts in 50p or a quid, we buy a few disposable bbq's + some meat and get cooking... ? oh, and there would be booze of course. just a thought...
heathcliff

Re:

Postby Pan on Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:09 pm

heh, nice, just a *tad* late.

Oh, and colleen, I know who you are now! yay for docsoc!

[hr]

Pan

Return to Fife Park