Home

TheSinner.net

Fire Drills

Please feel free to discuss any matters surrounding Fife Park. If you have any problems please e-mail the moderator of this board.

Fire Drills

Postby fieryfairy on Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:24 pm

All the other halls are having drills about now, and I was wondering if we would be getting the pleasure of a 7 o'clock wake up drill?
Are the alarms in Fife Park connected like the ones in other halls?
fieryfairy

Re:

Postby Alex Muir on Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:29 pm

There are no fire drills for Fife Park. You could always endear yourself to your housemates by holding one of your own though!

Every month or so the technicians come round and check the smoke alarms work. The alarms are not linked to anywhere external, they are just linked to the other smoke alarms in your house.
Alex Muir

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:41 pm

Its only the Halls that have fire drills. As Fife Park is not a Hall, strictly speaking, but a collection of individual, seperately occupied houses, there is no need to have a fire drill.

Puh!

Postby Caroline on Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:59 am

You may or may not have heard about the fire at no13 last week, but i was there and the kitchen was absolutely thick with smoke b4 the damn thing even thought about going off!!
and then, when there was an actual FIRE on the cooker ..... IT STOPPED!!

Saftey first all the way!!
Caroline

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:44 am

Isn't the alarm in the kitchen a heat detector though? Maybe it wasn't very *hot* smoke ^_-

[hr]"Of course, it is very important to be sober when you take an exam. Many worthwhile careers in the street-cleansing, fruit-picking, and subway-guitar-playing industries have been founded on a lack of understanding of this simple fact."
---Terry Pratchett
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:22 pm

Yes, you would have to have the hall door open before smoke set the alarm off. The alarm in the kitchen is a heat detector so as normal cooking fumes doesn't set it off.

[hr]Management: The art of writing like you know what you're talking about and making others believe it.

(munchingfoo comprehensive dictionary)

http://campushook.com/?pg=profile&u=7069
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Return to Fife Park