Home

TheSinner.net

Elections

Please feel free to discuss any matters surrounding Fife Park. If you have any problems please e-mail the moderator of this board.

Elections

Postby Rob Hearn on Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:30 pm

Hi,

An e-mail will shortly be circulated by Jim Brown, I reckon, telling you how to nominate candidates and vote. I have proposed that two positions be created for events convenors, one for sports rep, and one for first year rep. Along with those there will be four (I think) positions for ordinary members. At the upper reaches of the hierarchy there are the senior student, deputy senior student, secretary, and treasurer positions.

I am putting myself up for senior student this time around. This is because I would like to debate with the university on the issue of hall subs. I refer you all to the 'Hall Subs and Fines' thread on the sinner's main board. Rennie is going for the treasurer position. If anybody would like to run for a place on the committee, submit your proposal to Jim Brown, our warden.

Regards,
Rob Hearn
"I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of. And the things I am proud of, are disgusting."
Rob Hearn

FP Elections

Postby Jim Brown on Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:18 am

Edited awaiting new committee constitution.
Jim Brown

Re:

Postby Rennie on Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:49 am

Due to changes in the constitution, slight changes will be made to this election - details to follow when finalised - thanks :)
Rennie

Re:

Postby LC on Mon May 31, 2004 12:46 pm

[s]Rob Hearn wrote on 13:30, 21st Apr 2004:
I am putting myself up for senior student this time around. This is because I would like to debate with the university on the issue of hall subs. I refer you all to the 'Hall Subs and Fines' thread on the sinner's main board.

Is this the same Rob hearn who on said hall subs thread, admitted:

'Sabbatical position? Activism? Sadly no, I am far too lazy and useless to do anything about this. I have enjoyed the debate, that's all.

Petitions? No chance. '

hmmmm. Make sure thats on your senior student election posters.
LC

yeah

Postby Guest on Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:16 pm

[s]LC wrote on 13:46, 31st May 2004:
[s]Rob Hearn wrote on 13:30, 21st Apr 2004:[i]
I am putting myself up for senior student this time around. This is because I would like to debate with the university on the issue of hall subs. I refer you all to the 'Hall Subs and Fines' thread on the sinner's main board.

Is this the same Rob hearn who on said hall subs thread, admitted:

'Sabbatical position? Activism? Sadly no, I am far too lazy and useless to do anything about this. I have enjoyed the debate, that's all.

Petitions? No chance. '

hmmmm. Make sure thats on your senior student election posters.
[/i]

Re:

Postby Rob Hearn on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:16 am

Yes, silly me. I was just excited because of the debate.

I wonder what motivated you to point this out, though. Perhaps you are a rival candidate, in which case, please let me know who you are and I will vote for you. Or perhaps you have a vested interest in Fife Park politics, in which case I commend your watchful eye. Perhaps, though, you are just being snide, in which case, well, it's a free world, and even petty comments are entitled to a hearing.

Salutations!
"I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of. And the things I am proud of, are disgusting."
Rob Hearn

Re:

Postby LC on Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:20 pm

[s]Rob Hearn wrote on 13:16, 15th Jun 2004:
Yes, silly me. I was just excited because of the debate.

I wonder what motivated you to point this out, though. Perhaps you are a rival candidate, in which case, please let me know who you are and I will vote for you. Or perhaps you have a vested interest in Fife Park politics, in which case I commend your watchful eye. Perhaps, though, you are just being snide, in which case, well, it's a free world, and even petty comments are entitled to a hearing.

Salutations!

I'm not a rival candidate, so dont worry, and given all the apathy I doubt you'll have any rivals either way, so no matter what's said here you'll most likely still get elected.
I don't think I'm being snide either, just pointing out problems which in theory I think should rule you out for standing for such positions, but in practise will not. This is not being petty, unless you think whoever makes up the committee of fife park is a petty matter? <- possibly another slogan for your election posters!

You've also admitted that you only took the position you had on the committee this year because your old pal Rennie told you to, here’s a quote from the hall subs thread in which you admit this, and also emphasise both your ineffectual status on the committee and your indifference to it:

‘I wasn't aware of the meeting you refer to. If I had been, I probably wouldn't have gone, since I am largely indifferent. I have already admitted that my role in the committee is ineffectual, and I have no qualms about stating that my membership is due solely to my friendship with Rennie’

Surely the fife park committee would be a joke if you got in as senior student?

regards,
L
LC

Re:

Postby Rob Hearn on Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:44 pm

I'm not hiding my apathy here. I have even said to the other members of the committee that should I become senior student I wouldn't take much of an interest, and would only be doing it to be able to attend meetings. Clearly you have a vested interest in Fife Park politics, in which case, as I said, I commend your watchful eye. The bottom line is, I don't care either way. Not one bit. Which is why I encourage anyone who does care to run. They are assured of my vote and, I hope, victory in the election.

I don't think the issue is petty. It is an issue deserving of far more attention than I am willing to give it. However, I didn't say the issue was petty. I said that you *might* have been being petty. If you did post for neither of the other reasons I stated, then I stand by what I said (unless, of course, there is another reason you had for posting that I am not aware of.)

The Fife Park Committe wouldn't be a joke, I hope, because I would appoint people to do things for me. I don't want to ruin anybody's fun. My appointment might be a joke. It probably would. So if anybody else wants to do it they should run.

Rennie is hardly an "old pal". While he is a friend, I've only known him for a couple of years. And he certainly didn't "tell" me to join the committee. He asked if I would. I don't know why you would have inferred otherwise. Presumably it's a dig of some unsubstantiated and, yes, petty sort.

Incidentally, have I done something to offend you, LC? I hope not, but you are pursuing me with, it seems to me, unprovoked vigour.

Regards,
Rob
Rob Hearn

Re:

Postby LC on Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:04 am

[s]Rob Hearn wrote on 19:44, 16th Jun 2004:
I'm not hiding my apathy here. I have even said to the other members of the committee that should I become senior student I wouldn't take much of an interest, and would only be doing it to be able to attend meetings. Clearly you have a vested interest in Fife Park politics, in which case, as I said, I commend your watchful eye. The bottom line is, I don't care either way. Not one bit. Which is why I encourage anyone who does care to run. They are assured of my vote and, I hope, victory in the election.

I don't think the issue is petty. It is an issue deserving of far more attention than I am willing to give it. However, I didn't say the issue was petty. I said that you *might* have been being petty. If you did post for neither of the other reasons I stated, then I stand by what I said (unless, of course, there is another reason you had for posting that I am not aware of.)

No you've never directly offended me. I do not have a particular interest in fife park, I have never lived there and will never live there.

Essentially, you've admitted your apathy to the role quite openly and honestly, so if the citizens of fife park elect you/allow you in by default, thats their own fault.

fair play i suppose.
LC

Re:

Postby Rob Hearn on Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:58 am

Then we agree, though I doubt the residents of Fife Park will suffer if I get elected. Like I said, I don't want to ruin anybody's fun. And if I do get elected, it'll only be because nobody else runs, and so, we can safely assume, nobody else has any real objection to me being senior student or cares much either way. I'd certainly concede my vote to anybody showing the slightest desire to have the position. Whatever happens, I'm happy enough.

By the way, have I INdirectly offended you? No need to answer, I'm just curious as to who you might be and what I might have done to warrant your attention. I don't imagine it has to do with Fife Park politics. My intuition is that you have some personal reason to want to do me down. It's hard to know when you keep your identity veiled. I may of course be wrong. It just makes me sad, that's all, because I don't want to quarrel with anybody.

Have a good summer.

Regards,
Rob
Rob Hearn

Return to Fife Park