Home

TheSinner.net

Chit Chattan

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Chit Chattan - Gossip

Postby liliputian on Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:40 pm

It was put to me today by one of our more senior members of hall that we no longer have Chit Chattan (a newsletter type thing that was full of gossip and such that was made before I got here for those who don't know). How about us having an online version?

Basically it would merely be a thread full of gossip... the more scandalous the better!

[s](And I know that last time I started a thread like this it back-fired and ended up with Tweedle Dum posting lots about yours truly, but seeing as I've been a good girl this year (relatively anyways...) I cannot see the same thing happening again. More likely the opposite as Mr Watt seems to have been extremely active this year so far...)[/s]

There of course will be some sort of rules and regulations (at Cain's discression (sp?)) ie no mentioning of names, though making the person as bloody obvious as possible is a must! Oh yeah and try not to be too insulting...

[hr]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
liliputian

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:49 pm

speaking of hall things that we haven't done yet, any chance of getting a hall directory sorted out soonish?

i'm aware that there is one online, but a paper copy will get more people signing up, and can be stuck onto pinboards.

and yes, i'll moderate the gossip thread at my discretion, but please don't complain when i do. and remember, any queries/comments about the moderation of this board can be sent to me through my profile, a sinner email, posting on the board, a note under my door, or even kicking me in the head while i sit on the common room.

[hr]
It's now who you know, it's who who you know knows
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby liliputian on Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:29 pm

Ok so let's get this gossip thread going...

Bloody pink-shirted idiot set off the fire-alarm! lol

but then again he does make a very good pork in blackbean sauce stir fry!

liliputian

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:33 pm

i am yet to be about for any of the non-planned fire alarms. lucky me

i just wanted to be smug for a bit.

[hr]
It's now who you know, it's who who you know knows
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Scellanis on Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:12 pm

I nearly missed the fire alarm...which is a pity because I would have much rather stayed in the cinema with Johnny Depp than stand outside watching fire engines....

[hr]IMAGE:userpic.livejournal.com/13853292/2477042

[s]This image is copyright to Scellanis and may not be used without her permission. Visit http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/s/o/ ... onkem.html to see more...[/s]
IMAGE:userpic.livejournal.com/13853292/2477042

[s]This image is copyright to Scellanis and may not be used without her permission. Visit http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/s/o/ ... onkem.html to see more...[/s]
Scellanis

Re:

Postby little headache on Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:20 am

Well, I guess as long as we're on the subject...

The fire alarm culprit in question stumbled in tonight, very drunk, after having his port poured out on the street by the police. I had an awful time of it getting him to stop trying to kiss me.

Edited to add that maybe I wouldn't have had such a difficult time of it if I hadn't been so amiable on previous occasions...
[hr]...the truth is rarely pure and never simple; modern life would be very tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete impossibility...
little headache

Re:

Postby liliputian on Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:16 am

Yes but little headache I feel it is necessary to add that due the previous night's activities you were in posession of his pyjama bottoms...

The only reason why you complain about his advances in that post is because - thank God - you were sober last night! LOL

God he's had so much more action - and action in the loosest sense of the word - compared to last year when he mostly only got some due to those bloody dice...

liliputian

Re:

Postby a kela on Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:09 am

My "conscience" gave me a list this morning of a half dozen or so people I need to apologise to as he figured I wouldn't remember in the morning . . . so . . .

1) Apologies to that fire-alarm-setting, pink-shirt-wearing character for apparently "cracking him over the head" with my magic wand (don't remember why I did it, but no doubt he deserved it).

2) Apologies to the night porter for apparently "poking her until she asked [me] to stop" (according to my conscience.

3) Apologies to the originator of this thread for calling her names (though I explained to my conscience that this was done jokingly and I don't think she took it seriously, he tells me it can't hurt to be nice as she has lots of gossip on everyone).

4) Apologies to the two gentlemen I was sitting in the common room with last night for carrying on a telephone conversation in their presence in which I said, "I'm sitting in the common room with a man called xxxxxx xxxx, and a man called xxxxxxxx xxxx, and they're not very interesting people. They're really very boring actually." When, in fact, they are both highly entertaining people.

And the rest of the people to whom I owe apologies do not live in this hall. Well, phew-- I hope my conscience will be proud of me. I do feel much better now. Only thing left to do is to go to confession . . .
a kela

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:22 am

Christ, my remembered highlight of last night has to be the police caution. I really hope I gave Mr Potton's name as I vaguely remember doing.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby liliputian on Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:11 am

shame on you Jules!

liliputian

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:14 am

I'd also like to add my apologies to Miss. Headache for trying to kiss you, had I been less drunk, I might have realised that you're none too fond of blind-drunk men coming on to you.

In closing,
Sorry

[hr]
Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby liliputian on Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:25 pm

Correction - she isn't keen unless drunk also, which is usually the case with most of us... not that I would ever EVER respond to any advances from you Tweedle Dum... not that you're stupid enough to try anyways...

And yes, a kela - I have much gossip on many people in hall... hence the start of this thread... ;)

liliputian

Re:

Postby Colin on Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:19 pm

[s]liliputian wrote on 12:25, 1st Nov 2004:
And yes, a kela - I have much gossip on many people in hall... hence the start of this thread... ;)

And there is none on you? Don't believe it for a second...
Colin

Re:

Postby liliputian on Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:07 pm

Excuse me!

I'm a reformed character this year!

Not misbehaved once... well only with one person... well the others were before term technically started... 'gown sex' with Das Chair doesn't count... and it's many more times than once, but at least I've been consistant this year... rather a different person each week as it got to be towards the end of last semester... Oops...

But this year, I'm a good girl!

liliputian

Re:

Postby little headache on Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:29 pm

Ah, I wish I knew any good gossip... though I have a couple of fake rumours I would love to start (apologies to one of the residents of D17 for mocking her laundry habits).

[hr]...the truth is rarely pure and never simple; modern life would be very tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete impossibility...
little headache

Re:

Postby steerpike on Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:11 pm

[s]liliputian wrote on 14:07, 1st Nov 2004:
Excuse me!

I'm a reformed character this year!

Not misbehaved once... well only with one person... well the others were before term technically started... 'gown sex' with Das Chair doesn't count... and it's many more times than once, but at least I've been consistant this year... rather a different person each week as it got to be towards the end of last semester... Oops...

But this year, I'm a good girl!

haha!

...not content with spreading everyone else's dirt, she'll happily spread her own too!
steerpike

Re:

Postby little headache on Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:27 pm

[s]steerpike wrote on 15:11, 1st Nov 2004:
haha!

...not content with spreading everyone else's dirt, she'll happily spread her own too!

Hers is probably the most interesting anyway.

[hr]
...the truth is rarely pure and never simple; modern life would be very tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete impossibility...
little headache

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:29 pm

[s]little headache wrote on 15:27, 1st Nov 2004:
[s]steerpike wrote on 15:11, 1st Nov 2004:[i]
haha!

Hers is probably the most interesting anyway.
[/i]

Last year it was, this year she is tame, apart from giving a blowjob to a man with a massive nose and overbite, she's done little.

[hr]
Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby liliputian on Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:00 pm

Jules - That is because I am a reformed character this year!

Little Headache - Yes my gossip is usually very amusing, though this year has been a little tame (see above)
Steerpike - It would not be fair to not spread stuff about myself as well as others now would it?

Maybe after Reading Week and I have less work I'll start enjoying myself a little more...

[s] For those first years who wish to gain a background knowledge on last year's escapades of not only myself but Mr Watt too please see the Most Amusing Moment This Year thread... http://www.thesinner.net/messageboard-v ... hread=9792 [/s]

liliputian

Re:

Postby liliputian on Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:04 am

Oh Mr Senior Student - you were sooooooooo drunk tonight!

liliputian

Next

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)