Home

TheSinner.net

Big Room

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Big Room

Postby Sarah on Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:41 am

Hey,

I am thinking about reapplying to McIntosh this year, and I was wondering if anyone knows what are the big single rooms in McIntosh because as forth year I think they give priory single rooms to people in my situation. So...anyone know any big single rooms on girls floors? I know B10 is pretty big...any others?

Sarah
Sarah

Re:

Postby liliputian on Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:36 pm

on b-floor, b10, b23, b30, b42, b43 and b44 are pretty big. no idea about c-floor. d-floor rooms aren't that huge, but d18 and d14 are fairly large.

anyways now it's not supposed done on year priority anymore as everyone applies to a central system rather than the old in-hall system of the forth years picking their rooms first, then third years etc. though they do ask how involved you are in hall, committee postions etc, so maybe that comes into it.

then again neil (senior student) got shoved onto e-floor until a room on a-floor became available when second years who had had relatively little to do with anything in hall got massive rooms on a-floor... who knows how they do it!

if you want to see which rooms are the biggest, the best way to check is the plan of hall next to the dining room stairs.
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
liliputian

Re:

Postby Scellanis on Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:30 pm

D14 is the best room on D floor I think (thats the one with the window onto the corridor next to D13 not the double one further along that is also called D14)

It is big, I've seen inside it and it has big cupboards built into the wall I think though you will hear the first years in the other D14 if they are noisy.

Don't know though cos the person who has it now is only a third year and she may get it again next year.

[hr]IMAGE:userpic.livejournal.com/13853292/2477042

[s]This image is copyright to Scellanis and may not be used without her permission. Visit http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/s/o/ ... onkem.html to see more...[/s]
IMAGE:userpic.livejournal.com/13853292/2477042

[s]This image is copyright to Scellanis and may not be used without her permission. Visit http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/s/o/ ... onkem.html to see more...[/s]
Scellanis

Re:

Postby KateBush on Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:20 pm

I had D14 and it was SUCH a nice room. It is bloody huge. There are cupboards everywhere, extra bookcases and even a walk in wardrobe that has its own window. Go for that room! anything else is a bit of a rip off for the £120 a week you'll be paying in hall fees!

It's usually, to my knowledge, quite quiet first years that end up in the D14 next door. My neighbours on either side were so lovely that they all became my academic daughters.
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:30 pm

I know that C42 and 43 are quite big. They are right by the stairs so not far to walk atall.

I think C43 is slightly bigger, but not much in it.

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:47 pm

£120 a week?!

Ten years ago a similar room in a similar hall was about £55 a week. With 20 meals a week thrown in. And tuition fees covered along with a huge student loan to keep the 80/ a-flowing.

I never thought I would say it - but I do feel an element of sympathy for you poor tax-dodgers!

Re:

Postby KateBush on Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:52 pm

damn right, my friend. C42 and C43 are ok but they're VERY noisy. If you want a quiet room, head for th eopposite end of the hall...right down beyond where A floor ends...
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)