Home

TheSinner.net

Curious fresher

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Re:

Postby Gubbins on Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:23 pm

Quoting Colin from 17:50, 2nd Sep 2005
Thats a great room - was mine in my first year. Nice view out over the golf course / beach. Hidden away at the very end of B-floor. Many fun stories about that room... :-)

...most of which you probably don't want to know.

[hr]

...but then again, that is only my opinion.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Re:

Postby caroline on Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:52 pm

just got my room through. im in B27 you all seem to know lots about the rooms so i would love to know is this a nice place to be? . cant wait. see u all very soon xxx
caroline

Re:

Postby physicist on Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:43 pm

Quoting caroline from 12:57, 3rd Sep 2005
just got my room through. im in B27 you all seem to know lots about the rooms so i would love to know is this a nice place to be? . cant wait. see u all very soon xxx

Unusally, for a room in Chattan, the single room B27 faces neither north nor south. It faces west over city road and Wyvern House, at the end of B-Floor. It is a decend sized room with a double room, B26 on the left and single rooms B28 and B29 to the right. B31 (mentioned earlier) is just round the corner. Abbotsford A staircase is just outside the door, providing quick access to all other areas of hall. I believe the room has an old fireplace and all usual amenities.
physicist

Re:

Postby Colin on Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:04 pm

Quoting caroline from 12:57, 3rd Sep 2005

Thats the weird shaped room with the fireplace, if I remember correctly.
Colin

Re:

Postby Meredith on Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:21 pm

I'll be sure to stop by D3 and D4 and meet y'all! (I'm from virginia so pardon the y'all) Anyway, how is there a single D14 and a shared D14A? Are they different rooms b/c I'm in D14A.
Meredith

Re:

Postby Slash wannabe on Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:53 am

I think actually that d14 and d14a are the only exception to the a and b rules.

There is a d14 that is a single room and the room beside it is called d14a which is shared. Maybe I've got the numbers wrong but there is two rooms on d floor that dont follow proper naming convention.

Isn't that right mary ? ;)

[hr]

IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~es54/images/alice.png
I could set you free, rather hear the sound of your body breaking as I take you down
IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~es54/images/slashlogo.gif
[i:3tscad2j]One step from lashing out at you again[/i:3tscad2j]
Slash wannabe

Re:

Postby mary on Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:42 am

Quoting Slash wannabe from 10:53, 7th Sep 2005
Isn't that right mary ? ;)

i think so! i think i posted sayin bout the sharing thing, but it hasnt bin put up!! but if all the numbers are screwed up, i'll be so confused!!

Mod edit:
I decided that rather than burning you by telling you that you were wrong, I'd just post a correction with a mention of you in hope that you would understand. Backfired perfectly in my face.

I'll let your first post through.
mary

Re:

Postby mary on Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:42 am

Quoting Meredith from 07:23, 6th Sep 2005
I'll be sure to stop by D3 and D4 and meet y'all! (I'm from virginia so pardon the y'all) Anyway, how is there a single D14 and a shared D14A? Are they different rooms b/c I'm in D14A.

No they are the same! the number on your door will be D14, the A part means that you are sharing! so you are person A of the 2 of you!! Your room mate will be D14B on her form!!
mary

Re:

Postby mary on Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:20 pm

Mod edit:
I decided that rather than burning you by telling you that you were wrong, I'd just post a correction with a mention of you in hope that you would understand. Backfired perfectly in my face.

I'll let your first post through.

lol!!
i did wonder y u sed i sthat rite mary!?! i didnt no u were th moderator!! thanks 4 the thought ne way!! sorry for not understandin!! guess im not too sharp right now!! lol! then when am i?! thanks anyway!! i'l no next time!
mary

Re:

Postby Ellkie on Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:40 pm

Hey ya'll. I got my home today, I got C36...which is really lovely cos i was expecting to be in Fife Park or Albany. I put in for self catered and tried to upgrade at the last minute with my friend but they said to him theres no catered left. I must've got his place...now he's stuck in Fife Park. Which ain't too bad. I was seeing the good side of it cos i thought i'd be put there. So anyway, after my life story, who's my neighbour and will folk drop by when I move in? Cannae wait! Thanks, Kellie.
Ellkie

Re:

Postby Meredith on Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:28 am

Ok if you see a freshman running around on D looking for a 14A when theres a 14 right in front of her and she's screaming "NO thats not my roooommmm!!!!!" THATS ME.
Meredith

Re:

Postby ~Davida Monstroff~ on Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:05 pm

Hi - Can anyone tell me what room B37 is like? Also is it a single room?

Ta :)

Mod edit:
Please include a name for reference purposes.
~Davida Monstroff~

Re:

Postby physicist on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:52 pm

Quoting Meredith from 14:19, 9th Sep 2005
Ok if you see a freshman running around on D looking for a 14A when theres a 14 right in front of her and she's screaming "NO thats not
my roooommmm!!!!!" THATS ME.

D14A is next door to D14, and if you find one you'll find the other in less than a minute. D14 is single, so probably does not have the "a" added on the end of the room number.

Quoting ~Davida Monstroff~ from 16:14, 9th Sep 2005
Hi - Can anyone tell me what room B37 is like? Also is it a single room?

Eventually I'll get totally confused when writing a description of a room, but I'll have another go. B37 is a single room opposite B14/B15. It is a north facing room directly above the Common Room (which is two floors below), an has a view of North Street. It is long (like nearly every other room) and average width.
physicist

Re:

Postby lts2 on Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:54 am

I'm on B floor, B37, feel free to drop past I will be the harrassed looking curly haired girl trying to fit a stupid amount of stuff into her room. ^_^
lts2

Previous

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)