Home

TheSinner.net

Pointless rant but....

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Pointless rant but....

Postby Jono on Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:08 am

Hell! Whats wrong with this hall? No spirit! No Support! No Nothing! Least of all is lack of activity on this board from the vast majority of people!

Can't we do something like, make meals conditional on board activity?
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby pea on Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:16 am

To be fair, not many people know about this board, and even if they did it would be a bit odd if everyone communicated via here rather than, say, the common room.

As for hall spirit, it is most definitly lacking this year. I can't say how last year was but in my first year everyone was enthusiastic and actually joined in with hall events. This year no one seems to care, and instead of contributing ideas, joining in events or doing something to improve them, everyone just complains.

Most people in this hall need a kick up the fucking arse.

[hr]

I'm a little pea... I love the sky and the trees.
[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/ElegantPink/recenttracks/GeoRho.gif[/img]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
pea

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:07 am

Last year was a bit lack-lustre as well IMO. There was good general support for hall events and things, but overall hall community spirit and what not was lost somewhere in the cliques. I know it's the same argument over and over (not just in hall but in societies as well) but, yes, we are pretty divided. This year seems worse than last year. Last year there were several fairly large groups... this year there seems to be more smaller groups (with some crossover).

As for the board... a lot of hall people this year seem to be a bit less "technologically inclined" *coughyahscough* than previous years, which could explain lack of activity.

[hr]

"I'll stare straight into the sun and I won't close my eyes"
Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Re:

Postby trouble on Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:40 am

you're right. this is a pointless thread. lets play hide and seek.

[hr]

"Just stay with me, safe and ignorant,
Safe from pain and truth and choice and other poison devils,
See, they don't give a fuck about you, like I do." (APC- pet)
trouble

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)