Home

TheSinner.net

Question About Arrival

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Question About Arrival

Postby Altheia on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:10 am

Hey, I was just wondering. I've just looked at my flight schedule and have realised I'll probably be arriving back in St. Andrews around or possibly after midnight. How big a problem will this be? I'm a third year, so I don't need to go through the whole let-me-show-you-around-the-hall song and dance, I just need the key to my room. Will I have to find someplace else to crash for the night, or will there be someone there to let me in and give me my key?

[hr]

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Altheia

Re:

Postby boris on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:52 am

When you arrive if you call the on-call warden... they will come and get you your key... make sure u have a working mobile fone on u as there maybe no one up to let u in...
boris

Re:

Postby Altheia on Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:46 pm

Quoting boris from 10:52, 21st Aug 2006
When you arrive if you call the on-call warden... they will come and get you your key... make sure u have a working mobile fone on u as there maybe no one up to let u in...

Who will be the on call warden? Does McIntosh no longer have someone at the door at night to check people's keys and sign people in and stuff? Or was that dropped when the warden changed?

[hr]

Altheia

Re:

Postby Jono on Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:26 pm

Yeh, we do have a night porter, but the front door is locked after six, so you won't be able to get in without a key unless someone knows you're coming.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105376
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby pea on Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:06 pm

Now that we know you'll be arriving late, someone will be around to let you in, even if it's just a member of the committee. Though I'm pretty sure that there'll be a sign on the front door with a number for you to call to get a member of the wardennial staff and collect your key (as boris said). We do still have a night porter but they can't issue you with your key.

I'm also pretty sure that the door isn't locked as early as 6pm during Freshers Week.

Editted to fix my sig.

[hr]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/ElegantPink/recenttracks/GeoRho.gif[/img]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
pea

Re:

Postby sartorius on Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:06 am

There might not be a night porter as early in the year as freshers week, I odnt think there was last year.
sartorius

Re:

Postby lts2 on Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:41 am

This sounds so complicated, we should just e-mail you a mobile number and we will let you in :P
lts2

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)