Home

TheSinner.net

Best/worst moments of the semester?

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Best/worst moments of the semester?

Postby rtsg on Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:59 pm

...so, I hate revision, since I've been doing this all day so far, I decided to start up a new thread. What have been your best, worst, funniest, unfunniest etc etc bits of the semester or the year in general?

I'll start off on a negative surprise surprise...though there have been some fantastic bits to this semester it has been well crap on the whole, partly due to hall lacking something, but I don't know exactly what. I reckon there is less hall spirit this year. Something that may help is to get more bloody freshers on this board and liven it up.
rtsg

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:07 pm

Hall sucks because there is no me!!!

In my day... everyone used the Chattan board. Come on Freshers!

Can't really comment about what the semester in chattan was like, but I have to say I do like the tea and coffee evenings now. It just makes it all a bit more social than people coming, getting coffee and fucking off.

Actually bad points are that stupid card system, because it means I can't get into my halfway house!

[hr]

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers
I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby rtsg on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:09 pm

lol, definitely different without you!
rtsg

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:26 pm

Quoting rtsg from 16:09, 29th Dec 2006
lol, definitely different without you!

The hell?? Who gave Riho tact for Christmas? :P

But last year there was less hall spirit than in my first year... and this year there is less than last year... I dunno, my world has hardly been rose-tinted, and I did spend most of last semester either asleep or at my computer... so maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

[hr]

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Re:

Postby sartorius on Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:14 pm

I enjoyed this semester mostly, but thats compared to last year when I was a bit shy and quite a lot less sociable. Towards the end I picked up on what alot of other people were feeling though, something wasnt quite the same, its hard to say what. Maybe after a break, some exams and another break I'll appreciate life in st andrews a bit more again.

Low points? I was slightly ill from about week4 all the way through to reading week, that was a bit crap. Then I worked myself into a panick about mid-term exam, which wasn't really neccesary. And I got into a bad sleep pattern, still havent fixed that.

High Points? Going to rocksoc for the first time was good. I got to know alot of people better and made more friends than I did in first year and having acadmeic children was mostly really cool. And although its really geeky I enjoyed work too, lungs are awesome.
Also the quote of the semester for me: "I'm off to bed now; bon appatite!"
sartorius

Re:

Postby theshark on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:03 pm

id say this has probably been my best semester, i couldn't put my finger on why tho...:P
theshark

Re:

Postby rtsg on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:03 pm

Quoting o_t4ng from 19:26, 29th Dec 2006
The hell?? Who gave Riho tact for Christmas? :P

Why do I end up defending my personality on every thread?
rtsg

Re:

Postby kay_red_uk on Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:13 am

yup my best semester too :D. I can't remember who was all there i was just sobering up and it was quite late but when fyfe's friend micheal came up to st andrews and the pair of them sat in the small tv room in a laughing fit... that was pretty funny
kay_red_uk

Re:

Postby wally on Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:56 pm

That was rather banterous
wally

Re:

Postby wally on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:01 pm

Personally, I'm not sure what people mean by a lack of hall spirit this year, I've enjoyed the semester, learning lots of new things in my classes and I've had fun outside of class as well
wally

Re:

Postby Jono on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:57 pm

This semester was pretty alright.

I can't be fucked giving a definitive judgement TBH. As we all know, I've given up making judgements in general. Which is probably a good thing considering the judgements I could make!

Lets see; Worse moment was probably when I had to leave for Raisin weekend, thereby robbing my Extended family the joys of hefting all 12 stone of my fat arse into a skip full of broken glass and jagged metal!

Best. Well I think we all know the answer to that! Thereby making me "The least single person here!"

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105376
Exclusive to The Sinnner, and all other forums.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:27 am

Quoting jono from 23:57, 31st Dec 2006
Best. Well I think we all know the answer to that! Thereby making me "The least single person here!"

No offense, Jon, but that statement might just be enough to make me go hang myself... not only am I on the Sinner at half past midnight on New Years... I also just realised that that is horrendously true... :(

[hr]

o_t4ng

Re:

Postby Wooly on Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:52 am

Best moment? Lucy's 21st birthday party; screwnicorn madness!

Worst moment? Missing Mr Chattan. Gayest event in hall and I'm not there bringing up the rear...

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106028
Wooly

Re:

Postby Jono on Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:28 am

Quoting Wooly from 00:52, 1st Jan 2007

Worst moment? Missing Mr Chattan. Gayest event in hall and I'm not there bringing up the rear...

[hr]

I missed that shit on purpose. Retrospectively the gayest event in hall, attended and won by halls most homophobic residents.

Quoting o_t4ng from 00:27, 1st Jan 2007

No offense, Jon, but that statement might just be enough to make me go hang myself... not only am I on the Sinner at half past midnight on New Years... I also just realised that that is horrendously true... :(

[hr]

Aww don't be so melodramatic. I'll better you with being awake at half past four in the morning, and my 'Auld lang syne' replaced by Hammerfall's 'Metal Age'!

[hr]

Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby ludy on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:17 pm

Alex and Jon?

I'll see you a News Year Eve alone, raise you a boyfriend-hundreds-of-miles-away-getting-hit-on-while-dressed-as-an-elf, and now I'm going to eat another box of biscuits.

And Jon, I think several people on E-floor can testify to you being far from the *least* single person in hall.

:D

[s]/me takes biscuits and hides in cupboard before a grumpy elf tries to kill me for that one.[/s]

Quoting jono from 04:28, 1st Jan 2007

[hr]

I missed that shit on purpose. Retrospectively the gayest event in hall, attended and won by halls most homophobic residents.

[hr]

Aww don't be so melodramatic. I'll better you with being awake at half past four in the morning, and my 'Auld lang syne' replaced by Hammerfall's 'Metal Age'!

[hr]

ludy

Re:

Postby Wooly on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:49 pm

Quoting ludy from 23:17, 1st Jan 2007
Alex and Jon?

I'll see you a News Year Eve alone, raise you a boyfriend-hundreds-of-miles-away-getting-hit-on-while-dressed-as-an-elf, and now I'm going to eat another box of biscuits.

Lucy?

I'll raise you a New Year's Eve in a car with my parents driving along a deserted Scottish hill with wind and rain buffeting the car. I would go away to eat a box of biscuits, but we have no food in the house, so I can't.

[hr]

Wooly

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:31 am

Quoting Wooly from 23:49, 1st Jan 2007
Alex and Jon?

Lucy?

I'll raise you a New Year's Eve in a car with my parents driving along a deserted Scottish hill with wind and rain buffeting the car. I would go away to eat a box of biscuits, but we have no food in the house, so I can't.

[hr]

All of you?

I'm all in with working an abnormally exhausting 9 hour shift at the hotel, coming home to shit TV, then being the only one in the house still up past 00:10... alone and on the internet... still up at 4:30 (called your raise there, Jon) playing Football Manager and listening to 2 and a Half Men (the TV show- before any wise asses try and quote log that)... then up again at 9:15 to be back at work for one of the worst shifts of the holidays at 10. (on the tiny plus side I was paid double time for my 6hrs today)

[hr]

o_t4ng

Re:

Postby rtsg on Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:28 am

Sean will raise you, being from Sunderland, having to watch sunderland, and then getting back to St andrews to have me as a friend!
rtsg

Re:

Postby Jono on Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:42 am

Alex and Jon?

And Jon, I think several people on E-floor can testify to you being far from the *least* single person in hall.

:D

[s]/me takes biscuits and hides in cupboard before a grumpy elf tries to kill me for that one.[/s]

Quoting jono from 04:28, 1st Jan 2007

[hr]

[quote]Quoting jono from 23:57, 31st Dec 2006

[hr]

[hr]

[/quote]

Pfft! I'll see your "boyfriend-hundreds-of-miles-away-getting-hit-on-while-dressed-as-an-elf, "and raise you a Girlfriend-two-countries-over-getting-hit-on-by-any-and-all-self-respecting-member-of-the-opposite-sex-(And a few of the same for that matter)-fo-shizzel-malarky

[hr]

Jono

Re:

Postby lts2 on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:47 pm

Right

Best moment - probably seeing Miss Green's face at her surprise party. Apart from that, not being in St Andrews for the majority of the semester was my highlight...

Worst moment - realising that I had to spend 3 weeks straight in St Andrews at the end of the semester and going crazy in the last week.

Quoting Lucy

Quoting Simon

Lucy?

I will raise you a New Year's with hypothermia and sleeping on a park bench at 0 degrees.

Quoting Jon

Pfft! I'll see your "boyfriend-hundreds-of-miles-away-getting-hit-on-while-dressed-as-an-elf, "and raise you a Girlfriend-two-countries-over-getting-hi t-on-by-any-and-all-self-respecting-member-of-the-opposite-sex-(And a few of the same for that matter)-fo-shizzel-malarky

You should be proud she is getting hit on rather than worried...?
lts2

Next

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)