Home

TheSinner.net

B Floor kitchen and people with no self control

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

B Floor kitchen and people with no self control

Postby Craicman on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:39 am

Ok so how about you just ban drunk people from B Floor altogether because I'm getting tired of finding blocked toilets, vomit over the floor, and now worst of all, vomit in the kitchen sink. I hope this is embarrassing for someone, because theres a damn toilet right next door to it.

And people wonder why I cook on A floor.

*this was edited many times due to angry fighting talk*

[hr]

Like the inquisition, you'll never see us coming
Craicman

Re:

Postby Jono on Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:22 am

At first, I thought it was the remains of someone's home-made soup poured down the sink... How wrong was I!

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105376
Exclusive to The Sinner, and all other fora.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby Dave on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:20 pm

Ha! A floor is also quite gross, and B floor
did at least get a shiny new microwave recently...suppose it won't be long till some twats explode their food all over its pristine insides though...

you can see why people think students are idiots...
Dave

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:24 pm

Dunno about that, the serial shitter might get there first.
Quoting Dave from 09:07, 16th Apr 2007
Ha! A floor is also quite gross, and B floor
did at least get a shiny new microwave recently...suppose it won't be long till some twats explode their food all over its pristine insides though...

you can see why people think students are idiots...

[hr]

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Das Feuer liebt mich

Re:

Postby Craicman on Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:08 am

Like someone has done in Uni Hall? Go check the shitter in the microwave. I don't think we are top of the obscene acts ladder anymore

[hr]

Like the inquisition, you'll never see us coming
Craicman

Re:

Postby Jono on Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:14 pm

One week on and yet more examples of the complete contempt some residents have for hall spirit.

http://standrews.facebook.com/album.php ... 5376&saved

In conclusion; What the fuck?

[hr]

Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby Cain on Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:22 pm

Quoting jono from 17:14, 23rd Apr 2007

The big question is: Did you actually clean that up, or just take the pictures?

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Jono on Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:41 pm

Quoting cain from 18:22, 23rd Apr 2007
Quoting jono from 17:14, 23rd Apr 2007

[hr]

No. And the legitimate reason is that I didn't make any of the mess. I used the microwave to heat up a (Covered) meal, and I would be more than willing to clean it; were we to be provided with anything capable of removing the grime in there!

[hr]

Jono

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:55 pm

[hr]

I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby Cain on Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:32 pm

Quoting jono from 20:41, 23rd Apr 2007

[hr]

No. And the legitimate reason is that I didn't make any of the mess.

I can feel the hall spirit emanating from you.

As I tell my pupils, If you can kick a can/sweetie wrapper across the floor, you can pick it up and put it in the bin.

What was really more effort? Taking photos of the mess or clearing it up?

What would have accomplished more? Tidying up or tutting loudly and putting the photos up for everybody else to go "Oh, it's a disgrace" at?

[hr]

Cain

Re:

Postby Jono on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:04 pm

Quoting cain from 21:32, 23rd Apr 2007

[hr]

As I tell my pupils, If you can kick a can/sweetie wrapper across the floor, you can pick it up and put it in the bin.

What would have accomplished more? Tidying up or tutting loudly and putting the photos up for everybody else to go "Oh, it's a disgrace" at?

[hr]

A child-rearing response from a teacher! How cliché! And I didn't kick anything in the kitchen!

Ignorance-of-abstraction-on-purpose aside; just no! Why should the people who have nothing to do with the mess have to clean it up?

Of course; those of us that actually WANT to have a kitchen that's reasonably clean should have to do the cleaning, on the basis that we complained about the mess rather than making it! As opposed to the ignorant Yahs who make all the mess; coz they have a right to assume that the maid will clean up after them! But no, you're right! Let's dredge the sick out of the sink, and the faeceas out of the showers. Far better than getting the people responsable to clean it all up!

EDIT: And for the record; thanks to the super-digital age we live in, taking, downloading and uploading those photos took a grand total of five minutes!
[hr]

Jono

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:08 pm

Cleaning it up would have been more effort methinks.

If he did clean up SOMEBODY ELSE'S shit it would have accomplished FUCK ALL due to the fact that it's just going to happen again.

The fact that the pictures are on facebook and this discussion has started has at least shown that somebody does care about hall. And i think he has a right to be pissed off.

I'm not wanting to start a big argument here but this is my first year at uni, and obviously in hall, and McIntosh just hasn't reached my expectations. Fair enough there are really nice people in hall but after seeing pictures like that and hearing about people shitting in your showers it does kind of piss you off.

Quoting cain from 21:32, 23rd Apr 2007

[hr]

[hr]

[hr]

Das Feuer liebt mich

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:18 pm

Cleaning it up may have been more effort but it would have accomplished more than simply bitching about it on the internet.

If the mess of the kitchen on B floor bothers you that much, buy your own cooking stuff from Woolies, because Lord knows it's not exactly going to break the bank, cook somewhere else and wash up in your room sink.

Besides, you're in a CATERED hall - it's not like you *need* the kitchen other than weekends. And as someone else has already said, two words: Take Away

[hr]

angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby pea on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:25 pm

For fucks sake, when are you going to grow a fucking backbone and leave your comfort zone of bitching on the Sinner and actually go out and DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE instead of complaining over and over and OVER again. I can't even begin to count the number of times over the past 2 years you have complained and ranted on here about things you don't like in hall. Move out, run for domestic convenor, protest to the RMs, anything but sit on the fucking Sinner bitching.
Do you have proof that it's "Yahs" who are messing up the kitchen? If you do, go to the RMs and tell them who's doing it and they will get fined. For fucks sake just do SOMETHING rather than sit and bitch and bitch and fucking BITCH on the Sinner. Jesus!

[hr]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/ElegantPink/recenttracks/GeoRho.gif[/img]

pea

Re:

Postby rtsg on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:19 pm

Damn, Rhona stole my point. How the hell can you say it is a "yah"?

This is above all the thing I hate most about St Andrews, shit, there are no ethnic minorities to blame shit on, or be racist about, I know, they come from a different social background to me, lets blame them. Do you know it was these 'yeahs' you speak of? What makes them more succeptible to doong it rather than me after a chemsoc do?

If you want to improve hall, stop blaming groups of people about it and do something proactive. Anywho, the liklihood is that the 10 people who probably read this thread didnt do it, so again, whats the point?

Quoting pea from 22:25, 23rd Apr 2007
For fucks sake, when are you going to grow a fucking backbone and leave your comfort zone of bitching on the Sinner and actually go out and DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE instead of complaining over and over and OVER again. I can't even begin to count the number of times over the past 2 years you have complained and ranted on here about things you don't like in hall. Move out, run for domestic convenor, protest to the RMs, anything but sit on the fucking Sinner bitching.
Do you have proof that it's "Yahs" who are messing up the kitchen? If you do, go to the RMs and tell them who's doing it and they will get fined. For fucks sake just do SOMETHING rather than sit and bitch and bitch and fucking BITCH on the Sinner. Jesus!

[hr]

rtsg

Re:

Postby Jono on Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:29 am

Oh fuck this! You know what? Fine! Let's just leave this board as a running log of made-up quotes and year-old youTube links!

Perhaps the summer heat's making everyone cranky again. Luckily for me, next year I'm not here, and thus I don't see any need to take the sort of unwarranted shit I got last year lying down.

So fine. I'll just leave the hall (read; three residents, the people that no longer live here, and their dog,) board to those of us that are allowed to write anything; because it's apparantly criminal for some of us!

[hr]

Jono

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:38 am

*Hands you back your rattle*

[hr]

angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby ludy on Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:48 am

Hi guys,

Just wanted to remind you all that there is a domestic convenor on the hall committee whose sole purpose in life is to make your kitchens happier, maybe try speaking to him (Mark) in the first instance, then escalating it to the RMs?

On the subject of cleaning up your own mess, I think the problem is that it only takes one person not doing that before everybody starts cooking in a dirty kitchen and can't see the point in leaving it cleaner than they started.

So to summarise, do try and clean up your own mess, if you think there's a persistent problem report it to the right people, and try not to shout at each other on the interweb, that's what the common room is for (before 11 :P)!

--Ludy
(who doesn't live here anymore, but is still interested in Chattan being a nice place to live.)
ludy

Re:

Postby rtsg on Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:53 am

Quoting Ludy from 10:48, 25th Apr 2007
--Ludy
(who doesn't live here anymore, but is still interested in Chattan being a nice place to live.)

You forgetting you are our senior student so take a vested interestt in our happiness and our hall?
rtsg

Re:

Postby The Jaspar on Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:02 am

Quoting rtsg from 10:53, 25th Apr 2007
Quoting Ludy from 10:48, 25th Apr 2007
--Ludy

You forgetting you are our senior student so take a vested interestt in our happiness and our hall?

Yes, I think that was the point of her helpful and non flammatory response.
The Jaspar

Next

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)