Home

TheSinner.net

McIntosh Hall 2008-2009

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Re:

Postby lts2 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:30 pm

I had a huge room on A floor a few years back - the biggest single room in chattan infact.

Although you are not in that room because my academic kid is - A floor is good though, amazing views.
lts2

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm

i'm a fresher in eden courtnext year - what is eden court?!
i am very confused. any information?

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:57 pm

A Floor single rooms are all about the same size. They're all reasonable, not huge but enough space for everything. The ones nearer the main staircase are a bit bigger.
There are no cupboard rooms, like on B anc C floor because the section of the hallway with these rooms doesn't exist on A floor (due to the fire... ask a 3rd or 4th year for stories about that ;))

Eden Court used to be the annex of Hamilton Hall, until that was sold to be remade into the hotel it used to be... but apparently the Uni have bought it back.
Anyway, EC is a huge old house on the Scores (the street on the sea front, therefore awesome views for those of you with front-facing rooms). My friend lived there a few years ago. There are 2 kitchens, and bath/showerooms on each of the 3(?) floors, as far as I can remember. Room sizes vary, due to the fact it used to be a house. My friend was in what used to be the common room (so it was huge!). Not sure what the arrangements will be... as that was a triple room at one point and then a double when my friend was in it... it may go back to being the common room, depending on how many people are in EC.
It's a lovely building, so despite the trek (I use that ironically... it'll take max. 3 or 4 minutes, depending on traffic on North Street) over to Chattan for meals there is no problem with living out there. For those of you who like the "higher class" of pub/bar Ma Bells is about 4 doors along and those of you who have LOTS of money there are 2 cocktail bars on the Scores. :P

PLease keep the questions coming. I'll try and be a bit more prompt with getting unreg messages through.

Only a few more weeks. :) Have a good time. Remember, everyone else is just as scared as you.

[hr]

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Previous

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)