Home

TheSinner.net

Dear Mr Chef

This is for people to chat about Regs, to people in Regs, or for residents to chat amongst themselves.

Dear Mr Chef

Postby Manic23 on Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:40 pm

Hello Mr Chef of St Regulus halls, you don't know me, I am one of the many faces that wanders in and out of the canteen twice a day, so full of hope and dreams that we might actually get something nice to eat, and each and every time you shatter my poor already broken heart.
Normally I just sit and shovel what slurry you slop onto my plate into my mouth and close my eyes and think happy thoughts to try and get me through what is becoming an ordeal on a daily basis, but I confess Mr Chef, Its a battle I'm losing quite rapidly. I finally broke today when instead of eating the "Roast lamb" that the menu board promised, I tucked into what I can only assume was the Lambs Arse: I've never seen so much grisle on such a small portion of meat, and by the time I'd separated the "Meat" from the congealed lard I'd about the amount it would take to make an anorexic field mouse. now i wander back to my room disillusioned wondering what is the point of living. I now drink about 7-8 litres of water a day just so I don't feel hungry.

Now before I get irate people telling me that nobody is forcing me to go to the canteen, that's not the case: we pay good money to have catered accomodation, so why should we have to eat the shite that we do? I was told on good information that it costs regs 11 pence a day to feed a student in our halls! 11 pence! Jesus.

Let us just analyse what fantastic meals we've had so far:

1)Hunk o' Bread with chicken drumsticks
2)Chicken "Pie" (forgive me if i'm wrong, but isn't the chicken meant to be on the inside, as opposed to chicken slop with empty pastry on top)
3)Baked potato (Nuff Said)
4)"Chipsteak" (reformed cow anus)

I could go on, but I'm just depressing myself more.

On the plus side, keep up the turkey dinosaurs and smily face potatoes, they're the most nuitricous and satsfying things you serve.

So please Mr Chef, Make it end before I go mental and am forced to kill and eat that fat ginger cat that has been hanging about the annexe.

P.S. Im honestly not just trying to be a smart-arse; the state of our food is godawfully depressing
Manic23

Re:

Postby lapis lazuli on Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:35 pm

well said, Manic...

I now get a sinking feeling in my stomach when the hands of the clock crawl round to that time we all know and love, 'feeding time'...

The tuna was nice today though, I just filled my side plate with that to avoid the meat-sludge otherwise known as 'chipsteak' and the devil's spawn otherwise known as 'brussels sprouts a la Regs style'.

At least the breakfast is decent.

[hr]
yacketayakking screaming vomiting whispering facts and memories and anecdotes
[i:30c0hhg5]yacketayakking screaming vomiting whispering facts and memories and anecdotes[/i:30c0hhg5]
lapis lazuli

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:45 pm

[hr]
yacketayakking screaming vomiting whispering facts and memories and anecdotes
[/i]

Its not too bad, but its too much hard work getting up for it at 8am!
Manic23

Re:

Postby amac on Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:34 pm

[s]lapis lazuli wrote on 14:35, 15th Feb 2004:

Thats true actually. A bacon roll and coffee in the morning isn't bad.

But generally lunch and dinner is terrible. they should use rice and pasta and stuff like that more. sometimes they're so ambitious its destined to fail.

amazingly manic you managed to make the 'food' sound funny for a second.

only a second, mind.
amac

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:54 pm

[s]amac wrote on 16:34, 15th Feb 2004:
[s]lapis lazuli wrote on 14:35, 15th Feb 2004:[i]

amazingly manic you managed to make the 'food' sound funny for a second.

only a second, mind.
[/i]

I'm being deadly serious! It's really really bad, so disheartening.
Manic23

Re:

Postby amac on Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:41 pm

[s]Manic23 wrote on 16:54, 15th Feb 2004:
I'm being deadly serious! It's really really bad, so disheartening.

Yes, when reality set in, and i remembered the taste of the chicken and ham lasagne in my mouth i realised that.

i havn't felt so sick since the hall ball.
amac

Re:

Postby Campbell on Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:43 pm

i personally find regs food to be both satisfying and nutritious, and it does not at all make me slide quickly into depression at the mere thought of my impending and inevitable consumption of such delights.

in fact, when i wake of a sunday morning, hungover and feeling like shit, it is only the thought of the feast that will be laid before me at 12.30 that makes me get out of bed at all.

thank you, mr chef for such a fine contribution to my future well-being and general nutrition.

yes, that was sarcasm
Campbell

Food complaints

Postby Mr Chef on Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:37 pm

Have any of you ever thought to let the Chefs(the fact that they are all women)know that you have complaints about the food. You have got a food rep!!!!
they are not mind readers let them know!!!
Mr Chef

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:50 pm

[s]Unregisted User Mr Chef wrote on 14:55, 28th Feb 2004:
Have any of you ever thought to let the Chefs(the fact that they are all women)know that you have complaints about the food. You have got a food rep!!!!
they are not mind readers let them know!!!

I would but I'm a spineless coward- plus the fact that they all have access to very large knives also puts me off. Though after todays "Braised Brisket" I may just take my chances...
Manic23

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:47 pm

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Tonight's offerings reached a new low. The chicken vol-au-vonts tasted like cat food, my potatoes were green, i didn't get any carrots, my arctic roll was melted when i got it and the fruit could rival diamonds for hardness, anyone for empire??

BTW: i generally really like the breakfasts and lunches, but the dinners....

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:48 pm

well i had both the stir fry and the pork and they were really really nice. :D

pick wisely in future...
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:58 pm

what the hell was that slab o' meat we got for breakfast this morning? normally I don't bother me arse getting up for brekkie but I hate sitting through 3 hours of lectures starving, so today I made the effort hoping for a tasty bacon roll, but instead got something which resembled square dog shit!

And I was dismayed to see baked potato day is back with a vengence- so Mr. Beaton will be paid a visit tomorrow lunch...

We all must rise up against Baked potato day, unless the kitchen staff conform and make it baked potato OR turkey dinosaur day, I mean the Idea is genius! Where else can you play with your food (personally I like my dinosaurs to fight each other before the 'loser' is decapitated [by me] whilst the victor watches on, and is then himself decapitated [me once again])?

Jesus whats wrong with me?

I think it might be due to the insanity of starvation kicking in, after my dinner consisting of a few carrots and 2 potatoes (I thought the pork was mingin)
Manic23

Re:

Postby Jonny_G on Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:26 am

[s]andrewdalgleish wrote on 20:48, 2nd Mar 2004:
well i had both the stir fry and the pork and they were really really nice. :D

pick wisely in future...

Don't patronise me fool!! How can i pick wisely when the selection is so shite?? I refuse to believe the pork was nice, it always has numerous thick veins of fat running through it and there's no point eating the veggie option when you're eating at 6.15pm coz you're starving come bed-time! You may enjoy green mouldy potatoes, i am less convinced by them.

I do like baked potato day (i wish they didn't cake them in salt though)
Jonny_G

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:26 pm

i couldn't eat the potatoes admittedly...
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:24 pm

[s]andrewdalgleish wrote on 21:26, 3rd Mar 2004:

at last, a concession!
Manic23

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:03 pm

[s]Manic23 wrote on 13:24, 4th Mar 2004:
[s]andrewdalgleish wrote on 21:26, 3rd Mar 2004:[i]

at last, a concession!
[/i]

:D
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby milkshake on Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:52 pm

I must say that tonight's dinner was a new awful low, even by Regs standards. I mean, when is pork EVER served with crusty bread? What the fuck was that about?

All we want at mealtimes is:
turkey dinosaurs
smiley faces
anything else that doesn't induce vomit
milkshake

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:42 pm

there are a lot of people who won't take the turkey dinosaurs because they don't like food that stares back at them...
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:18 pm

[s]andrewdalgleish wrote on 23:42, 7th Mar 2004:
there are a lot of people who won't take the turkey dinosaurs because they don't like food that stares back at them...

do what I do then- cleaver their heads off with your trusty knife before they try to stare you down. usually works
Manic23

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:04 pm

i actually meant to say smiley faces... i was very tired last night. so you can't really sever the heads as there is only the head there.
andrewdalgleish

Next

Return to St Regulus Hall (Regs)