Home

TheSinner.net

Hecklings

This is for people to chat about Regs, to people in Regs, or for residents to chat amongst themselves.

Hecklings

Postby Gimpy on Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:36 am

So what did you all think of the Hecklings then? I thought the majority spoke fairly well, except that guy James- I think he made a tit of himself
Gimpy

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:38 am

didn't get to see that many as i was working, but the people i saw all spoke very well and answered questions well. didn't see james though...
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:17 am

You didn't miss much, just an excruiciatingly embarrasing (for those watching) lap dance on Phil Scott and some pointless rhethoric on why the price of penny chews doesn't fluctuate
Manic23

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:43 pm

hrm. would have been interesting to watch. ah well.
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby ever_nocturnal on Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:17 pm

For the poor sod speaking from outside hall, can someone post the results up when they come through...
ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby Campbell on Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:18 pm

[s]ever_nocturnal wrote on 14:17, 20th Apr 2004:
For the poor sod speaking from outside hall, can someone post the results up when they come through...

i'll vote for you, becuase you look like sam out of lord of the rings, and he's a top bloke
Campbell

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:48 pm

i'll post the results when they are available (tomorrow sometime i think)
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Mr Cynicism on Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:49 pm

yes, he seems to be labouring under the sad misapprehension that he is a comedy great when, tragically, he isn't. at all. at least that was the unfortunate image he conveyed to me, the non-voting public.

along with a couple of his other compadres standing for election in this fine hall, he gave off an combination of complete incompetance, hilariously misplaced self-belief combined with a repertoire of side splitting questions for the other nominees, most of which were A) about as funny as dermititis and B) repeated about sixteen times, seemed to be their line of campaign.

the only reason i'd vote is to vote against those who pissed me off most

but then maybe i'm just cynical
Mr Cynicism

Re:

Postby ever_nocturnal on Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:04 pm

[s]Campbell wrote on 15:18, 20th Apr 2004:
[s]ever_nocturnal wrote on 14:17, 20th Apr 2004:[i]

i'll vote for you, becuase you look like sam out of lord of the rings, and he's a top bloke
[/i]

Off to the gym methinks... ;)

Voting's one thing, I'm not especially bothered if I win. Leo's going to be working on another committee with me anyway, and is likely to the job just as well.

What I'd like is to try and meet some of the guys there next year, I know a few soon-to-be-Fourth years, from the days when I was first year rep, but other than that, there's not a lot.

As for the new committee, all the candidates I saw speaking seemed very good! (though not sure about the sweet bribery... hmmmm)
Some of you may have not seen other elections... sometimes it really can be a dire choice.

Good luck to all, Leo & I shall be getting very drunk at the Marrow Pub Crawl tonight!!!
ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:06 pm

[s]ever_nocturnal wrote on 17:04, 20th Apr 2004:

(though not sure about the sweet bribery... hmmmm)

Yeah, Just look what happened to Elenor Carleton
Manic23

Re:

Postby amac on Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:42 pm

[s]Manic23 wrote on 21:06, 20th Apr 2004:
[s]ever_nocturnal wrote on 17:04, 20th Apr 2004:[i]

[/i]
i thought that was something about giving away free drinks at a party, but my source on that is quite unreliable.

the only problem i had about the sweets was that they never got round to me :(
amac

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:01 pm

[s]amac wrote on 21:42, 20th Apr 2004:
[s]Manic23 wrote on 21:06, 20th Apr 2004:[i]
[s]ever_nocturnal wrote on 17:04, 20th Apr 2004:[i]

[/i]
i thought that was something about giving away free drinks at a party, but my source on that is quite unreliable.

[/i]

Don't even think it was as extreme as giving away free drinks; she had an arrangement with the bar that if anyone was wearing her badge they were entitled to 10% discount, which the election committee saw as tantamount to bribery.

Bless
Manic23

Re:

Postby amac on Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:41 pm

ah right. so i've got an unreliable source and i couldn't read your post properly!

Incidently the same person told me that Bryn and his opponents 'manifestos' were mixed up for the election handouts. can anyone (i.e. bryn) tell me whether thats true or not (and if so, whats happening about it)?
amac

Re:

Postby Bryn on Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:05 pm

[s]amac wrote on 22:41, 20th Apr 2004:
ah right. so i've got an unreliable source and i couldn't read your post properly!

Incidently the same person told me that Bryn and his opponents 'manifestos' were mixed up for the election handouts. can anyone (i.e. bryn) tell me whether thats true or not (and if so, whats happening about it)?

It was true for the hecklings, but was changed for the elections. What do you mean what is happening about it? Incidentally, they are re-doing the senate rep elections on May 7th, because of a mistake regarding the ballots.

Regarding hall hecklings - what on earth was with Phil's "de ja vu" comment to my repeating the question to Sarah. Has he never been to real hecklings before?, cause he doesn't seem to know how they work.

[hr]
Come and see "Baby with the Bathwater" - http://baby.tz4.com
Bryn

Re:

Postby ever_nocturnal on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:13 pm

It would be interesting if Bryn had to keep David's election promises....

It's just a mistake of the election officers which I made them feel bad about at the time.... don't worry, some poor sod suffered for a brief spell for the mistake.

[hr]'I'm going to the Scottish LGBT Ball in St Andrews Aquarium on the 24th April... I only paid £12. The same as everyone else'

BALL: http://www.geocities.com/standrewsfife

ME:
http://www.geocities.com/anthonygearing/
ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby ever_nocturnal on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:15 pm

'Incidentally, they are re-doing the senate rep elections on May 7th, because of a mistake regarding the ballots.'

Does this mean new candidates can stand??
EDIT: NOT me... before rumours start... bloody hacks!

[hr]'I'm going to the Scottish LGBT Ball in St Andrews Aquarium on the 24th April... I only paid £12. The same as everyone else'

BALL: http://www.geocities.com/standrewsfife

ME:
http://www.geocities.com/anthonygearing/
ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby Bryn on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:28 pm

No, new candidates can't stand, they're just re-running it as was.

[hr]Come and see "Baby with the Bathwater" - http://baby.tz4.com
Bryn

Re:

Postby amac on Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:04 am

[s]Bryn wrote on 23:05, 20th Apr 2004:It was true for the hecklings, but was changed for the elections. What do you mean what is happening about it? Incidentally, they are re-doing the senate rep elections on May 7th, because of a mistake regarding the ballots.

Regarding hall hecklings - what on earth was with Phil's "de ja vu" comment to my repeating the question to Sarah. Has he never been to real hecklings before?, cause he doesn't seem to know how they work.

I wanted to know if the election would be redone or whatever else. Clearly it is but for different reasons.

I think the deja-vu comment was just that you and another person asked exactly the same question in the same order. Everyone knew what was coming next.
amac

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:30 am

[s]Bryn wrote on 23:05, 20th Apr 2004:

i believe this was Phil's attempt at humour, possibly trying to take the seriousness out of the hecklings. funny how he didn't do the same when Sven (sp?) asked the same question again, must've realised his mistake.
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Bryn on Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:03 am

[s]amac wrote on 11:04, 21st Apr 2004:
I think the deja-vu comment was just that you and another person asked exactly the same question in the same order. Everyone knew what was coming next.

Of course they did, except for Sarah. The whole point of asking the same question to both candidates is seeing if they respond differently.

[hr]
Come and see "Baby with the Bathwater" - http://baby.tz4.com
Bryn

Return to St Regulus Hall (Regs)