Home

TheSinner.net

Kiss of Life

This is for people to chat about Regs, to people in Regs, or for residents to chat amongst themselves.

Kiss of Life

Postby Manic23 on Tue May 04, 2004 8:16 pm

As in what I am trying to do with this moribund and quite frankly banal messageboard

Okay, here goes

As our time at Regs draws to a close, how about some evaluations on what people have thought of the hall as a whole (or Hole perhaps in some opinions), the people within it, and, if you are returning, what you hope will remain the same, or change, or whatever

Also, what your plans are for the summer or what you will be doing after finishing your 4 years at St Andrews.

Okay, I'll start.

Overall I've enjoyed living in the annexe- the people are nice and we've got a close knit community thing going on which is quite nice. Main hall I found to be a bit cliquey, with people there a bit reluctant to talk with us 'outsiders' after settling in post freshers week. This isn't 100% the case of course.

Over the summer I hope to regain employment with the civil servive (and try to clear my bastard of an overdraft), and perhaps do some travelling in Europe at the end of August (depending on finances).

I return to live in a flat in mid september to embark on my second year of study, which I am tremendously looking forward to.

Now, Your turn...
Manic23

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Wed May 05, 2004 7:48 pm

well, i've really enjoyed my year although i haven't really taken part in that many of the hall activities. It certainly was very odd coming back into regs after 2 years in a house with the same 3 guys. I really love both halls and house living but i think i probably prefered living in a house, especially with three of my best mates.
I'm going to be working in DRH (RIP) fife park and albany park over the summer, which i did last summer. It was a great laugh and met lots of people so hopefully it will be this summer!
Next year i'll hopefully be at edinburgh uni studying for an MSc, then a PhD after that...
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Campbell on Wed May 05, 2004 7:49 pm

ditto with regs, and the flat funnily enough

i intend getting a job in glasgow before writing an award winning collection of confessional poetry and never having to work another day in my life

also i want to know who the hell Tim Bisley is before i leave this hall
Campbell

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Thu May 06, 2004 11:16 am

[s]Campbell wrote on 20:49, 5th May 2004:

also i want to know who the hell Tim Bisley is before i leave this hall

He's the lead character in spaced

Hope this makes you feel better ;)
Manic23

Re:

Postby hoopy froodette on Thu May 06, 2004 11:59 am

[s]andrewdalgleish wrote on 20:48, 5th May 2004:

I'm going to be working in DRH (RIP) fife park and albany park over the summer

Ooh, so am I! See you there then!

[hr]
Nothing succeeds like a toothless budgie.
Nothing succeeds like a toothless budgie.
hoopy froodette

Re:

Postby Fenella Ice on Thu May 06, 2004 5:33 pm

Yeah, I've really enjoyed the annexe as well. Even tho sometimes we seem a bit seperated from the main hall, we all get along, and that makes it fun.

I only have two planned things this summer; to go to the reading festival in August (yay!!), and to go to the US in September for my brother's wedding. Other than that, I hope to get a job, as money is always a good thing to have, but I have no idea what that job may be. Hopefully something half interesting...

Next year I'm going into my second year, sharing a flat with four of my friends, which should be much fun.

[hr]Duct tape is the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/fenella
Duct tape is the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/fenella
Fenella Ice

Re:

Postby lapis lazuli on Sat May 08, 2004 4:49 pm

After being in Gatty for 2 years, I've enjoyed being in hall again, especially Regs - I was in New Hall in 1st year and hated it...

During the summer I'm doing a TEFL course and hopefully earning some money back in Glasgow, then I'm off to Paraguay for a year with the British Council to teach English, so I'm really looking forward to that. And then when/if I come back, I'm doing an M.Litt in Creative Writing either here, Edinburgh or Glasgow, haven't decided which place to accept yet..

It's been fun here in St. Andrews, but I think it's time to leave now.

hasta luego, ya veremos.

[hr]
yacketayakking screaming vomiting whispering facts and memories and anecdotes
[i:30c0hhg5]yacketayakking screaming vomiting whispering facts and memories and anecdotes[/i:30c0hhg5]
lapis lazuli

Re:

Postby Tim Bisley on Sat May 08, 2004 5:36 pm

My goals for the summer:

world peace (well, getting a job),
then retiring to a sunny tax haven with my vast quantities of cash.
Tim Bisley

Re:

Postby alw6 on Thu May 20, 2004 2:17 pm

Regs has been ok. I think it is a really good place to have your first year as it is quite small, although saying that I dont really know that many people. Probably coz I am always in the annexe and never in main hall. Next year will be living in a flat, but will miss the random people wandering around at meal times, dunno how I will cope with the silence!
Over summer I am gonna be working coz I have no money :( But am going to Canada for a bit in September which should be fun.
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realise I should have been more specific
alw6

Re:

Postby amac on Tue May 25, 2004 3:23 pm

On the whole i've enjoyed life in the annex. Friendly people and generally a nice place to be.

Over the summer i'm going to get a job and work, work, work. Which is so that i'll be able to come back here and work :S

Anyway, i hope everyone has a good summer and get to do everything they've planned.
amac

Return to St Regulus Hall (Regs)