Home

TheSinner.net

Exam results 2nd semester 2008

For Philosophy students and those with a love for all things philosophical! Come here to post questions, give answers or hear all the latest news and events from the Philosophy Society.

Exam results 2nd semester 2008

Postby Power Metal Dom on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:39 am

For anyone who did a philosophy course this semester the results are now up (yes it's half 3 in the morning, i need sleep but i'm too excited).

What did everyone get?

I got a 12.5 in Aesthetics (cos of an essay whose marking was extremely dodgy) and a 15.0 in Rationality and Action. Means with my other grades I'm through to 3rd year to do Joint Phil & Theo. I'm thrilled :) You don't care...but all the same, I. Are. Thrilled.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby d_24 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:22 pm

[hr]

Before Bauer...There Was House
Before Bauer...There Was House
d_24

Re:

Postby Basil on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:45 pm

dodgy essay marking? did you do much worse in the essay than in the exam, because if so then you could appeal? or complain?
Basil

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:47 pm

I appealed the essay marking but the person who I was complaining about was on the pannel. Never mind. He's just a post-grad tutor who is clearly not up to the task for teaching. Not doing Aesthetics again though so no big deal.

[hr]

Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Basil on Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:01 pm

i don't think thats actually possible: if your appeal goes through, then your essay gets marked again by a different person. i think.

what did you get in the exam?
Basil

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:04 pm

After a few emails I received it was implied that the tutor was also involved. Obvious that's just my speculation though. I don't know what I got in the exam but the essay after being told it was a high 2.1 ended up with a mark of 12. To average out with a 12.5 overall I must have done similarly in the exam, but if the essay had received the mark it deserved I'm sure this would have been higher, closer to a 13/14.

ANYWAY as I said it's not much of an issue since I only needed an 11 really and I'm not doing the subject again.

[hr]

Power Metal Dom

Return to Philosophy