Home

TheSinner.net

IR Graduation

For discussion in IR. Principally for students in IR1005 to discuss lectures and related topics. Please register an account with the same username as your uni email to reduce confusion.

IR Graduation

Postby Jose Gonzales on Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:24 pm

What do you guys do after you graduate from St.Andrews?

Do you start to work or go to grad schools in the States of in the UK?

Saludos,

Jose
Jose Gonzales

Re:

Postby guillaume on Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:30 am

Saludos josé

Pues... i'm possibly not very representative of the IR graduates but hey. I actually graduated in IR/Arabic (one of the four people a year..) thus decided to go to egypt for a year out. Random work experiences and language classes.
Next year, going for a 2 year master programme in France -- also happen to be French.
"International Negociation with the Middle East"

Well, an IR degree is all good but usually not enough, since, as you probably noticed, you don't technically LEARN anything in IR. They form your brain and writing skills, but as far as technical knowledge, it's pretty empty. I'd really advise you either doing a grad school or sumthing equivalent, or findiing a decent training (paid or unpaid, since it's at the end of the day as good a training if not better as you'd get out of a grad school).
Chances of finding an interesting job straight after your m.a. are pretty low (to my experience at least..)

buena suerte con todo
guillaume

Return to International Relations