Home

TheSinner.net

IR SUCKS

For discussion in IR. Principally for students in IR1005 to discuss lectures and related topics. Please register an account with the same username as your uni email to reduce confusion.

IR SUCKS

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:31 pm

IR SUCKS

Re:

Postby dan greenberg on Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:32 pm

Care to elaborate? It would help us to know what it is you're talking about, what complaints you have, what makes you think 'IR sucks'. Please tell us, maybe we can change it for the better.

dan
dan greenberg

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:43 am

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 03:20, 13th Dec 2003:
IR SUCKS

IT IS TOO HARD I CAN'T DO IT AND YET OTHER PEOPLE SEEM TO GET TOP MARKS IN THEIR ESSAYS WHEREAS I KEEP GETTING CRAP MARKS HOW DO THEY DO IT

Re:

Postby dan greenberg on Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:28 am

I think it's important to remember that the only mode of evaluation we've had so far are essays. All modern education theory suggests that students learn, and prove they have learned, in different ways. For instance, perhaps your essays aren't so great, but how do you do in tutorials? Are you in active participant, or do you sit quietly in the back? Tutorials are another form of learning, albeit one that is not evaluated. There is currently an initiative to try and expand the breadth of the School's evaluation modes.

Also, perhaps it's not a question of 'how do they do it' but rather one of 'what aren't you doing?' That may sound harsh, but I didn't mean it like that. Have you talked to your tutor about your essay? All tutors should be willing to explain to you why they gave the grade they did, and if they are not, e-mail me at dcg3 and I'll try to resolve the situation. But I highly recommend that you go to your tutor during his/her office hours - or even schedule an appointment - sit down with your tutor, and go over your essay intensively. I do that after every essay, and it has helped me quite a bit. Hope this helps, any more details would be helpful - from anyone - and I hope you all enjoy your breaks. Feel free to use this board to aid in your revision for exams,

dan
dan greenberg

Re:

Postby Wong on Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:43 am

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 19:55, 13th Dec 2003:
IT IS TOO HARD I CAN'T DO IT AND YET OTHER PEOPLE SEEM TO GET TOP MARKS IN THEIR ESSAYS WHEREAS I KEEP GETTING CRAP MARKS HOW DO THEY DO IT

Well, using some punctuation and lowercase letters always helps. There's a start for you.
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Return to International Relations