Home

TheSinner.net

A bit of common sense

For discussion in IR. Principally for students in IR1005 to discuss lectures and related topics. Please register an account with the same username as your uni email to reduce confusion.

A bit of common sense

Postby The IR man. on Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:41 pm

Dear All, just wanted to finally write something on this board which resembles common sense and not some kind of sycophantic dribble. Yes I love IR, don't we all. But the department's not perfect, the staff aren't perfect, but that's life. If someone thinks IR sucks then that's their opinion and we should respect that. Sure, some aspects of IR suck. Tutorials with raving tory nutters (that's Republicans for the Americans amongst us), 10am lectures. But it's not that bad. Anyway just wanted to add some sort of common sense to the IR board. Hope you are getting on fine with your essays. I hope to finish mine at around breakfast time.

PS Greenberg, we love you. Especially your lovely hair and your complete inability to understand irony.
The IR man.

Re:

Postby loretta on Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:18 pm

Snap. Sick of IR theory regarding bureaucracy..do these authors understand the concept of english, or do they make their hobbies out of spouting jargon? and isms
'The English like eccentrics, they just don't like them living next door.'
loretta

Re:

Postby blondie on Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:13 am

Is it just me who feels the innate urge to start properly working into IR essays only when the number of hours till deadline is down to single figures? Sigh. Too much tea. And unregistered person at the top - you speak sense! Yey!
blondie

Return to International Relations