Home

TheSinner.net

PS2002 test tomorrow

With so many students studying psychology, we now have our own forum rather than clogging up the main sinner forum!

PS2002 test tomorrow

Postby Amorphous on Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:41 pm

Surely I'm not the only one panicking about this?

All the words are blurring together, I'm only on point 6 (of 19) on the handout and I have no clue which bits of brain are associated with which other bits of brain or where they are...

AAAAAAGH. I don't want to sit the test. :(
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby ClaireyMoo on Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:04 pm

Yep, panicking here too. Trying to read chapter 3 of The Physiology of Behaviour. I didn't realise how much was in it! I haven't even looked at the handout or WebCT slides yet.

Oh well, here's to doing badly on the test!
ClaireyMoo

Re:

Postby B!TCH on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:35 pm

If any of you have bought the book, theres an interactive cd in it.

It has BILLIONS of brain models, 3d and makes you label the brain parts, and it has lots of self tests...its really good.

Just use that...if not erm...youre screwed

:-)
B!TCH

Re:

Postby ClaireyMoo on Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:01 pm

So who hated it then? Worst test ever? I think so.
ClaireyMoo

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:04 pm

Quoting ClaireyMoo from 13:01, 15th Mar 2006

Seconded.

Although it has paled in significance when compared to something else that happened to me today. :(
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby Marie55 on Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:25 pm

Hope you are alright Amorphous. Must have been bad if it was a lot worse than that test.

I learned the slides reasonably well but unfortunately didn't do the extra reading. Usually the reading is helpful for better understanding but tests are usually based on stuff in the actual lectures.
Also, I found it really hard to remember some of the stuff too...lots of complex names for little blobs on the page.
I think most people struggled so I hope they take that in to account when marking.
Marie55

Re:

Postby JM on Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:28 pm

Quoting Amorphous from 15:04, 15th Mar 2006
Quoting ClaireyMoo from 13:01, 15th Mar 2006

Seconded.

Although it has paled in significance when compared to something else that happened to me today. :(

aww, the test was definitely shit - or maybe its me :)

dunno wot you mean amorphous, today has been a riot! just one "joy" after another :'(

[hr]

"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:15 pm

Quoting Marie55 from 16:25, 15th Mar 2006
Hope you are alright Amorphous. Must have been bad if it was a lot worse than that test.

In all fairness I was being somewhat dramatic - basically I got back to New Hall to find out that my application to Albany Park next year was unsuccessful, and therefore I will be either:
a) homeless or
b) spending a lot of money on accommodation
next year.

I think my main struggle with the test was the fact that I didn't spend that much time on the rat brain, and have therefore easily lost at least 14 marks! What irritates me so much about the test itself is that I don't really see how it's relevant to the stuff we're doing right now, considering that very little mention has been made of neuroanatomy and therefore it felt a bit like they were giving us a test just for the hell of it.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby B!TCH on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:55 pm

Noting getting in to the chosen hall doesnt suck as much as preparing to live in the caravan park next to albany like meee!!hehe!

I am SOOOO PIISSSSEEEDDD at the test.

1>>>>>Short sentence answers she said...we got fill in the missing blank.

I revised things so that we could actually write short descriptions, like hoe the meninges works and the cerebrospinal fluid etc etc...NOT REMEMBER A SPECIFIC WORD.

2>>>>>RAT BRAINS???I have got the text book that I bought for FORTY PUNDS and in the required chapter,,,theres sod all on rat brains, so i was ready to label human brains.

3>>>>>If I was sitting at the back...I would have cheated because it was soo EASY to have our notes out.
Im not suggesting that people who were at the back cheated...but I was near the front and was talking to my friend next to me, so if anyone did have there notes out, I will be pissed off cos why bother cheating, its not fair.

Hmm there was something out but I cant remember,
basically, I did all the required revision, yet when they give us misleading info on what will be asked etc then its not fairrrr.
B!TCH

Re:

Postby Thalia on Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:26 pm

You'll be required to know a lot more about neuroanatomy next year - will be fun i'm sure :-P

And you need to know at least a bit on rat brains because more often than not, it's rats that are used as test subjects in studies of neuroanatomy.

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby floatingonmycloud on Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:40 pm

I don't see what the point to the test was, how the hell are we supposed to remember all the structures of the brain, let alone a rat brain!

I think it would've been a bit better if we were given the labels and decided where to put them because that was just impossible to learn every part unless you had a very good photographic memory.

I think the whole topic of neuroanatomy is really interesting, but is it just me or is the lecturer a bit boring. The lab/lecture last week was just a nightmare, how were we supposed to concentrate for that length of time without a break?

Maybe I just have a short concentration span, but by the time she got to the rat brain stuff I had completely given in and wanted to go home!
floatingonmycloud

Re:

Postby JM on Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:25 am

Quoting floatingonmycloud from 16:40, 16th Mar 2006
I don't see what the point to the test was, how the hell are we supposed to remember all the structures of the brain, let alone a rat brain!

I think it would've been a bit better if we were given the labels and decided where to put them because that was just impossible to learn every part unless you had a very good photographic memory.

I think the whole topic of neuroanatomy is really interesting, but is it just me or is the lecturer a bit boring. The lab/lecture last week was just a nightmare, how were we supposed to concentrate for that length of time without a break?

Maybe I just have a short concentration span, but by the time she got to the rat brain stuff I had completely given in and wanted to go home!

an opinion share by sooo many :)

my result for this will be......"interesting" though not surprising

[hr]

JM

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:07 pm

am shitting myself - i did work for the test - i did try to show active interest in the lecuters and the labs - trouble is i have a crap memory for remembering long latin names and attaching them to grey blobs.
ask me to describe the james lange theory or something along those lines - fine woohoo. but that test was horrid.

and WHERE ARE OUR MARKS?

[hr]

i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
nighteyes

Return to Psychology