Home

TheSinner.net

PS1002 Exam!

With so many students studying psychology, we now have our own forum rather than clogging up the main sinner forum!

PS1002 Exam!

Postby hols on Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:25 pm

Did anyone else find that it required a hell of a lot of educated guesswork? I knew the correct answer -for sure- to precisely 4 of the 90 questions!!!
hols

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:24 pm

I found I to be guesswork last year when I did it. I almost failed that exam it was terrible.

Quoting hols from 13:19, 13th May 2006
Did anyone else find that it required a hell of a lot of educated guesswork? I knew the correct answer -for sure- to precisely 4 of the 90 questions!!!

[hr]

i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
nighteyes

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:33 am

Yeah, i always kinda feel like i'm guessing with MCQs, even when i know the topic, i'm usually torn between at least two of the options cos i'm sure both of them are correct :-P

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:53 am

Yeah but PS1002 went beyond educated guessing - it was pure guesswork in 2005. It was the paper from hell for me.
The MCQ's in PS2002 thankfully were alot better. I still maintain that 90 MCQ's are silly. There should be short ans Q's in first year. I fell that had there been I would have known my stuff better for going into second year.

[hr]

nighteyes

Re:

Postby felix on Sun May 20, 2007 11:30 pm

I have this exam 2moro?

Is it just the 90 MCQ's? Or is there still an essay section at the start?

[hr]

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission
felix

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon May 21, 2007 12:15 am

According to the handbook, PS1002 is still all MCQs. It's the second year exam where there are essays.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby felix on Mon May 21, 2007 12:19 am

Ah cool, wasn't sure as there is an essay section on the online past paper I found, but think that is for quite a few years ago.

Thank you

[hr]

felix

Re:

Postby Garnet on Thu May 24, 2007 11:56 pm

The multiple questions in the PS2002 for abnormal psychology annoyed me, there were so many that anyone with any common sense could have figured out. Also some I thought could be contested. I remember one was about suicide and you had to pick the correct statement - suicide: happens without warning, people who commit suicide are depressed, suicide is a lonely event and something else.

It also pissed me off that one tutorial group got basically told what the abnormal psychology question was on. As I was coming into the hall, this girl was saying how she had been learning the medical model as that's what X had told his tutorial group to concentrate on, and that was what the question was on.

[hr]

so alive, so full of fire and music!
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Return to Psychology