Home

TheSinner.net

PS3010 Essay

With so many students studying psychology, we now have our own forum rather than clogging up the main sinner forum!

PS3010 Essay

Postby nighteyes on Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:52 pm

Is anyone else worried about this peer assessment thing?

Plus having read the details of the assessment I am struck by the fact we are given pointers but no specific essay title - Are we being given carte blanche over what form this essay takes including making up the title ourselves?

Oh boy.

[hr]

i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
nighteyes

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:54 pm

if everyone gives eachother high marks, I think it should be okay.

But then again, theres that little group in class who think they are absolutely ace, everytime I walk in to the commen room they are having a bitch about someone in class, passing judgement where it isnt needed.

I guess that group of people would love to dish out the low marks, bastards.

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:59 pm

I have allowed this post to go through because i choose to assume that the unreg troll has never actually tried to sit and talk to any of us in the common room and now is a chance to set the record straight :-P

I have never heard anyone be bitched about in the common room, in fact, most of the time the conversation goes along the lines of 'reiner's so sweet, i wanna give him a hug' or else 'no more monkeys, i'm sick of reading about monkeys' ;-)

We sit in the common room and work, or talk about psych related stuff, so where you get the opinion we all think we're ace, i have no idea.

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...

...And I am a Sinner Goddess.
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:39 am

Please make yourself known because I hope to get your essay to mark as I will mark it down. :-P I dont take kindly to being called a bastard just for sitting in a room being sociable - call me old fashioned but thats what I was under the impressiong a common room was for. If I went home during the break I would fall asleep and miss the practical (I know this as I have done it before) Seriously though have you ever actually had a conversation with us? Do you know us?

Funny enough we had a discussion about the marking IN THE COMMON ROOM the other day -we were saying that chances are we are all going to give 16's cause we dont have a clue what we are doing with regards to marking and plus we dont want to be nasty to anyone in case they are nasty to us too. So your stupid idea that we would deliberatly give 5's because we have our heads up our own arses is completly unfounded.

As for being ACE (god I hate that fucking term - though I will admit that I am pure dead brill.) I am struggling with the course. Sitting in the common room reading articles and talking bout lectures (which we actually do if you come in and [as you obviously are] listen in to our conversations) does give me a helping hand. Plus the couches are really comfy for a wee sleep.

Ok so maybe actually giving a Troll the time of day is a bad thing to do. But I am down right pissed. And guess what - we are now bitching in the common room - about you! If you are agrieved at honours students actually making use of the honours common room then come in and tell us to our faces instead of being a coward and not even using a user name on here. Ironic that you posted this in reply to my thread giving that I am one of the ones who live in the pscyhology department.

Quoting from 20:26, 1st Nov 2006
if everyone gives eachother high marks, I think it should be okay.

But then again, theres that little group in class who think they are absolutely ace, everytime I walk in to the commen room they are having a bitch about someone in class, passing judgement where it isnt needed.

I guess that group of people would love to dish out the low marks, bastards.

[hr]

nighteyes

Re:

Postby Shockadelica on Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:51 am

Hey guys,

Firstly, can I just say how dissappointed I was to read the post by unregistered user. One of the supposed "ba*****s" unregistered user was referring to, is actually the moderator of this board. Secondly, I use the commonroom on a regular basis, in fact, you can actually say, i practically live in there. This is not because I like having a good bitch, think im wonderfull and want to belong to a clique of superficial people, but because I live so far away, that I actually have no choice as I have nowhere else to go. I personally find the people who use the common room regularly (senior honours students included) are really lovely and approachable. I think perhaps you would find, that if you actually took the time to talk with us, you would come to realise that what you have just posted is unsubstanciated and really unfair
Shockadelica

Re:

Postby ally on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:50 pm

Dont worry about peer assessment guys, I had to do it last year and its not so bad, also, I dont know of anyone who got a really bad mark or anything plus the lecturers remark a lot of them anyway

[hr]

Now I shout it from the highest hill
Now I shout it from the highest hill
ally

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:48 pm

Ah peer assessment. When I did this last year everyone was just as anxious as you guys are. Don't worry though, I don't think anyone did really badly. One of my friends got a 13 and was disappointed so she appealed it and had it remarked by staff. The lecturers know you're not pro's at this and they have a system in place to make sure you're not penalised.

It's also a great opportunity to learn from other class members. You pick up tips on writing style etc.

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:54 pm

I know i'm gonna be sitting there stressing about all the things i didn't put in the essay and all the stuff i could've done better - it'll be fun :-P

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...

...And I am a Sinner Goddess.
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:02 pm

This is the essay i was happiest wrting but i am the most nervous about being marked. yet at the same time at least i know that i should be getting marks back on this soon. Still waiting on Paul putting up any results.

[hr]

nighteyes

Return to Psychology