Home

TheSinner.net

year abroad - who is the chairperson?

With so many students studying psychology, we now have our own forum rather than clogging up the main sinner forum!

year abroad - who is the chairperson?

Postby Garnet on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:50 pm

I've been on the st andrews uni website but i can't seem to find out who is the chairperson. I have sent various e-mails out but no one has bothered to reply. I really need to find out if I can go on a year abroad and I need written permission and so it's best to find out now as there is no point in filling my application form if i can't go or i can only go to a certain uni.

Thanks
Also anyone been on a year abroad in north america doing psychology, how did it go? any advise etc

[hr]

so alive, so full of fire and music!
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Re:

Postby ClaireyMoo on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:18 pm

You're probably best to get in touch with the head of school who is Stephen Reicher (sdr) or the Honours adivisor, seeing as they will want to check that the classes you do in your exchange uni are Ok. The hounours adivsor is Mike Oram (mwo). Also your 2nd year tutor should be able to get you a reference.

Hope that helps!
ClaireyMoo

Re:

Postby ClaireyMoo on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:18 pm

You're probably best to get in touch with the head of school who is Stephen Reicher (sdr) or the Honours adivisor, seeing as they will want to check that the classes you do in your exchange uni are Ok. The hounours adivsor is Mike Oram (mwo). Also your 2nd year tutor should be able to get you a reference.

Hope that helps!
ClaireyMoo

Re:

Postby Thalia on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:45 pm

I wouldn't bother trying to email Mike, you'll be a long time waiting on a reply.

A quick glance at the second year handbook tells me that the second year course coordiator is Tecumseh Fitch and you should email him at PS2000@st-andrews.ac.uk. He's probably your best bet for finding out who to get in touch with as he may actually reply to your email since he's in charge of your year group.

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...

...And I am a Sinner Goddess.
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Garnet on Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:24 pm

Thanks for the info, got a reply from the head and he told me first i have to get agreement from Mike Oram about modules.

I need to contact Mike Oram, since he doesn't answer his e-mails would i be able to go see him personally does he have office hours where you can go see him?
thanks

[hr]

so alive, so full of fire and music!
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Re:

Postby Thalia on Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Just pop into the department - if he's not in his office, then eventually he'll go outside for a cigarette and you can catch him then ;-)

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...

...And I am a Sinner Goddess.
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:09 pm

I wouldnt get your hopes up though garnet because it is an extremely difficult thing to be accepted on, I know at least 2 people who never got to go on the year abroad.
Also, why do you keep posting on here, why dont you go to the psychology department and ask at the main desk.

Return to Psychology