Home

TheSinner.net

He's everywhere...

With so many students studying psychology, we now have our own forum rather than clogging up the main sinner forum!

He's everywhere...

Postby Amorphous on Fri May 04, 2007 10:43 am

While browsing the 'Have Your Say' section of the BBC (yes, yes, generally a bad idea, I know) I stumbled across this on the topic of the Scottish Parliamentary elections and spoiled votes:

"The voting form for the Scottish Parliament was appallingly badly designed. The only instruction at the top of the form said "You have two votes" - which might have meant one in each column, as intended, or two in each column (as evidently it was interpreted by many), or two in one or other column.

R Byrne, St Andrews"

O_o

In the interests of making this slightly more educational:

Ape gestures 'show human links'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6610447.stm

...apparently. In general there's nothing screamingly wrong with the article, though I did think that the following paragraph was a bit daft:

"And when apes gesture, they use their right hand, which is controlled by the left side of the brain - the same side as the language control centre in the human brain."

Hooray for the popular media!

[hr]

If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Return to Psychology