Home

TheSinner.net

Experiences of second-generation immigrants in UK (4 Pounds)

With so many students studying psychology, we now have our own forum rather than clogging up the main sinner forum!

Experiences of second-generation immigrants in UK (4 Pounds)

Postby Mujeeba on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:38 pm

I am Mujeeba Ashraf, a post graduate researcher at the School of Psychology. I am doing some research on second-generation immigrants in the UK. I am writing you for asking a favor, as currently i am in search of second generation immigrants. These are people who have grown up in the UK and have parents that are immigrants There are not many in St Andrews! Please let me know if you qualify and are interested in participanting, or know any second-generation immigrants who wouldnt mind being contacted.
Here, is the brief introduction of research:

I am starting some work on the everyday experiences and challenges of members of ethnic communities in the UK. Specifically, we are interested in the challenges of growing up e.g., as a Muslim AND as a British-from small, everyday challenges to larger struggles that British Muslims face today. We are really at the starting point of this research and were wondering what challenges the ethnic youth face from their point of view. We are reimbursing individuals for their time to answer these questions with payment--£4 for 30 minutes. It would be a great help to the research, and hopefully give us a better understanding of the real struggles experienced by British Muslim youth.
Mujeeba

Return to Psychology