Home

TheSinner.net

Adam Fellows - nominated for SRC Education Officer

For discussions of elections only please.

Candidates must use a Sinner account which features their full name. No unregistered posts will be allowed.

Adam Fellows - nominated for SRC Education Officer

Postby Adam Fellows on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:46 am

Hi there,

Feel free to ask me any questions about my candidacy, or my aims / policies, and I'll endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

Like everyone else, I will only reply after the Candidates' Meeting on Friday.

Best wishes,

Adam Fellows
Nominated for SRC Education Officer
Adam Fellows

Re:

Postby Louise Hallman on Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:47 pm

The position of SRC Education Officer is one of the few contested positions in this diet of elections. What do you think sets you apart from your competitor? Also, if you were unfortunate to lose this election, would you still stay involved in the SRC or, more generally, education issues?

[hr]

Louise Hallman
Nominated for SSC Member Societies Grants
Louise Hallman
SSC Member Societies Grants
McIntosh Hall Senior Student
Louise Hallman

Re:

Postby Adam Fellows on Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:17 am

Quoting Louise Hallman from 19:47, 14th Mar 2006
The position of SRC Education Officer is one of the few contested positions in this diet of elections. What do you think sets you apart from your competitor?

Being new to "hackery" is no bad thing - I was a new member just under a year ago, but I believe that when it comes to a position such as SRC Education Officer, someone who is aware of both Association and University and their respective structures can only help the cause of the Association, and so I feel that one of the better attributes of my candidacy is the experience I have:

- I have been a class rep myself, and know what things can be improved upon. This year, I helped to run the SSCC elections and it gave me a chance to show to the potential representatives what an important job they do, and I think it is imperative that the Association builds upon these ties. As such, having been a class rep and a member of the SRC, I have been on both sides and have a few ideas about what can be improved.

- As part of my current duties as SRC Member for Third Year, I have been building a rapport with some of the staff I could be working with, such as the Academic Registrar and the Deans of Arts & Science. I feel that having a good relationship with such (and other) people can only help cememt good working relations between the University and the Association.

- I have also been involved in several consultation groups; I am a member of the Library Student Users' Group which puts across our sentiments on a whole host of library issues (and many of the points raised on the Sinner have been raised), I was invited to attend an IT Services review, and I was also invited to meet the Enhancement Led Institutional Reivew panel and give them my thoughts on aspects of this university.

As you can see, I have put quite a bit of time into my position this year and hope to be able to use this experience in office next year. And, if I may respond to something Rob said in his reply to the same question, I am an Honours Arts student, I will definitely have time to fill the position adequately.

Also, if you were unfortunate to lose this election, would you still stay involved in the SRC or, more generally, education issues?

The education area of representation is where my interests lie, so I would definitely like to keep involved on either the SRC or in general. I am running for another post in this diet of elections which also sits on the Education Committee, but if I were to be defeated for that then I would hopefully return to an SSCC position.

Thanks you for your question, I hope I have answered it adequately.

Adam Fellows
Nominated for SRC Education Officer
Adam Fellows

Return to Elections 2006