Home

TheSinner.net

FAO Jamie Potton - nominated for SSC Debates Officer

For discussions of elections only please.

Candidates must use a Sinner account which features their full name. No unregistered posts will be allowed.

FAO Jamie Potton - nominated for SSC Debates Officer

Postby Louise Hallman on Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:58 am

The position of SSC Debates Officer (UDS President) is the most heavily contested position (excluding that of Association President) in this diet of elections. What do you think sets you apart from the rest of the competition? How do you think the UDS will benefit with you as Convenor?

[s]this question has been asked of all candidates[/s]

Louise Hallman
Nominated for SSC Member Societies Grants
Louise Hallman
SSC Member Societies Grants
McIntosh Hall Senior Student
Louise Hallman

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:15 pm

What, if anything, would you do to maintain or improve communication and relations with alumni?
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Sid on Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:19 pm

What a no show.
Sid

Re:

Postby Cain on Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:51 pm

Quoting Sid from 19:19, 13th Mar 2006
What a no show.

further to what Elections Officers have said, the sinner is not recognised as an official forum for the elections.

The Association and Election Officers do not need to use it. Nor do the candidates.

Nor is it especially disgraceful that the above posters have not received a response to their comments in just over 12 hours. There's hecklings to prepare for, as well as some sort of degree to study for.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Sid on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:01 pm

I know and agree, I don't really care. So settle petal.
Sid

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:01 pm

You just like stirring, then?
exnihilo

Re:

Postby A66 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:00 pm

Same question for all the debates people.

I am not intrested in debating, sorry just isn't me. Why should I vote for you out of the list of names on the ballot?
A66

Re:

Postby Sid on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:04 am

Wow! You really have it in for me! I was only kidding, I do have a sense of humour as well you know.

Quoting exnihilo from 22:01, 13th Mar 2006
You just like stirring, then?
Sid

Re:

Postby Admin on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:55 am

Sarcasm and sense of humour isn't evident in the written word. Unless it's carefully written
Admin

Re:

Postby little headache on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:40 am

I'm asking this of all SSC Debates candidates (even though I know Jamie probably isn't answering questions on the sinner... in the interest of fairness):

If you are not elected, will you stand for a position on Board of Ten? If so, which one, why and how will you attempt to implement the improvements you promised in your campaign for President?
little headache

Re:

Postby LK Today on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:42 pm

As the position of SSC Debates Officer is quite contested, and there were many questions on Tuesday night, I have saved my question for use on here. Of course, same question will be asked of all candidates. Therefore...

As the head of you subcommittee you will be the expert on that area, in your case Debates. However, you will also be charged with representing your subcommittee to the SSC and indeed the SSC to your subcommittee. How do you think you will manage with this dual, or indeed tripple, role?

Lee Kane
Nominated for Association Director Of Student Development and Activities
LK Today

Re:

Postby Sally on Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:11 pm

I'm asking all candidates this, so although this thread doesn't look like its being used, I'll post it here as well.

If you could hold a debate on anything and invite any 6 speakers (doesn’t have to be realistic, just be realistic to the extent that they’re alive) what would you do?

Realistically, if you are elected, what debates could we expect to see from the Union Debating Society? How would you select motions and what are your ideas about the debates you would put on in LPH? Which speakers would you like to invite? How can LPH appeal to the wider student community?

Would you hold a debate or event on a weekly basis, as this year there have been weeks where nothing has happened. If LPH is unavailable on a Wednesday night when a debate is planned, what would you do as an alternative?
Sally

Return to Elections 2006