Home

TheSinner.net

Problem with Certain Modules?

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Problem with Certain Modules?

Postby Steph on Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:56 pm

I want to take Political Theory my first year (MP1003) but everytime I choose it a message comes up saying "Invalid Module Code Supplied". Should I just choose something else and get the class changed when I get to school? Or does it mean the class is full or no longer available? It happens with another one of my modules too, is anyone else having this problem?
Steph

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:29 pm

The Philosophy School changed the numbering of their modules a couple of years ago but the system still has them up. As far as I can remember Political Philosophy (I did it two years ago) is PY1104, or perhaps PY1103. The course catalogue online does sometime have out-dated info on it. If in doubt if the Philosophy School a call - number somewhere on the website.

Re:

Postby Caroline on Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:42 pm

don't worry about it too much. anything you do on the system isn't permanent, you can change any of it as soon as you see your advisor, who will know more about module codes anyway.
Caroline

Return to New Students! First Years!