Home

TheSinner.net

Hamilton hall

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Hamilton hall

Postby Laura on Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:09 pm

I've just found out i'll be in Hamilton room 94 "single stani"-- just wanted to know what the halls like and if thers many traditions or social things that go on?Would really app anyones help!Thankyou
Laura

Re:

Postby HezBez on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:35 am

Never stayed in the hall but you're the last year of students to live there before it gets sold. Lucky you!
HezBez

Re:

Postby HezBez on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:37 am

Oops, i'm a bit tipsy, so expect a few more unregistered user verysions of this here message!
HezBez

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:06 am

Never stayed in the hall but you're the last year of students to live there before it gets sold. Lucky you!

Re:

Postby richey on Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:46 am

Hello Laura!

Hamilton Hall is the beautiful big red victorian building that overlooks both the sea and the 18th green of the Old Golf course. The views are to die for! Your room, 94, is a large single room on the 4th floor that looks out onto St.Sallies Quad. It's a really good room, with a fantastic view, congratulations!

Hamilton itself consists of 130 people (including the Annexe Eden Court), and we are known as a small and friendly hall. Everyone gets to know everyone else because of its small size. There are 5 floors : 1st & 3rd are male, 2nd & 4th are female, and 5th is mixed. As already pointed out, it is the last year that Hamilton will be a student residence, it is being sold by the university. So, that means it will be an extra special year.

Every year in Hamilton we have themed dinners, a St.Andrews dinner, A Halloween party, A Christmas dinner, A Hall ball (actually held in the building itself), Plenty of Celiahs and lots of free Bars. There are plenty of social events and things to do, as well as many spontanious stair parties!

I'm a 4th year who will be in Hamilton next year (and I have been there for my 1st, 2nd and 3rd years) in room 34 (2nd floor). See you in Freshers week Laura, we are going to have some fun!

Richey
XXXXXX
richey

Re:

Postby teeniebash on Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:17 pm

Hamilton's great, woooo! Freshers' week shall be grand fun, the committee have many plans, see you soon!
teeniebash

Re:

Postby Pete on Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:22 pm

I've heard hamilton is dull and reclusive compared to other halls filled with soberites
Pete

Re:

Postby richey on Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:05 pm

Quoting Pete from 21:37, 4th Sep 2005
I've heard hamilton is dull and reclusive compared to other halls filled with soberites

You've obviously never been there then, because thats far from the truth. But everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose.
richey

Re:

Postby loz on Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:02 pm

People can say its dull, but it could only be dull if you make it dull, i had the best year of my life last year because i spent most of it in room 65 hamilton. Just get drunk and have fun...
loz

Hamilton is Fab!

Postby Jayne on Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:41 pm

Don't listen to anything people say about Hamilton being a dull hall. I heard all these rumours before I went in to Hamilton too and they're far from true! I lived there last year for my first year and I loved it.
Just get a few drinks in you at the Hall party in freshers week and get speaking to everyone. Try also to make friends in your classes and societies etc as Hamilton is the smallest hall and it's always good to know loads of folk.
I'm sure you'll have a great year! xx
Jayne

Re:

Postby Zoe on Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:40 am

I'm a first-year and I'm going to be in Hamilton Hall too - room 114. Is that on Laura's floor?

I'm really getting excited about starting university! I'm looking forward to meeting many new people and having a wicked time!
Zoe

Re:

Postby richey on Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:33 am

Quoting Zoe from 23:16, 9th Sep 2005
I'm a first-year and I'm going to be in Hamilton Hall too - room 114. Is that on Laura's floor?

I'm really getting excited about starting university! I'm looking forward to meeting many new people and having a wicked time!

Hello Zoe!
Room 114 is on the 5th floor (the top floor). I'll be seeing you in Fresher's week for lots of fun!
richey

Re:

Postby Zoe on Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:08 pm

Oh groovy biscuits - a mixed floor. After 7 years in a girls' school I'm intrigued to meet these "males" everyone goes on about :P
Zoe

Return to New Students! First Years!