Home

TheSinner.net

which day?

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

which day?

Postby Guest on Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:26 pm

hi

i was just wondering what day other people were thinking of arriving on for freshers week, the 17th or the 18th. i dont know which would really be best and was just wondering what others had done or were thinking of doing. cheers

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:24 pm

Well, technically speaking, Orientation starts on the 17th

[hr]

RUSH KATO '05!

rush.kato@gmail.com
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:28 pm

You won't miss much if you turn up on the 18th really, most halls'll be doing something on the Sunday night :-)

[hr]

[s]A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
---Robert Frost[/s]
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby White Knight on Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:52 pm

Unless your in the Wonderful hall that is Gatty! Which will be doing things on both days.

Yes the Senior Student for Gatty has gone a little mad and is vy tired!
White Knight

Re:

Postby physicist on Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:16 pm

I would always go for the first day available - there will always be something happening, organised or not.
physicist

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:01 am

Yeah, and the first day has the best atmosphere. It's also the best day to meet the people around you.

[hr]

[s]
My entire life in boolean logic

¬emptyGlass(pint) => drinking(Andy)
emptyGlass(pint) AND ¬full(stomach) => buy(pint)
emptyGlass(pint) AND full(stomach) => buy(vodka)
emptyGlass(vodka) => buy(vodka)
¬emptyGlass(vodka) => drinking(Andy) [/s]
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby linz on Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:53 pm

Quoting from 19:30, 11th Sep 2005
hi

i was just wondering what day other people were thinking of arriving on for freshers week, the 17th or the 18th. i dont know which would really be best and was just wondering what others had done or were thinking of doing. cheers

I'm arriving on the sunday, and I know many other people in hall (uni hall) who are also arriving on the sunday too. Hope this puts your mind at rest.
linz

Re:

Postby lizzie on Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:08 pm

Quoting linz from 10:35, 12th Sep 2005
Quoting from 19:30, 11th Sep 2005
hi

I'm arriving on the sunday, and I know many other people in hall (uni hall) who are also arriving on the sunday too. Hope this puts your mind at rest.

hey linz
*waves* am also arrivin on the sunday so don't think it matters 2 mch
lizzie

Re:

Postby Luke on Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:08 pm

I'm arriving at Uni Hall on the 17th. If you make friends easily, then I don't think it matters.
Luke

Re:

Postby Pedant on Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:27 am

If you can make it for the Saturday, do - the sooner you get here, the sooner you can meet new people and take advantage of all that has been planned (from the Orientation website - www.yourunion.net, there's a Freshers party on the Saturday, which I think everyone can attend).

But if you can't get here till the Sunday, don't worry about it - there will be plenty others who won't arrive till then, or later in the week.

(But if you can, do)
Pedant

Return to New Students! First Years!