Home

TheSinner.net

What are Uni Hall rooms like?

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

What are Uni Hall rooms like?

Postby Luke on Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:06 pm

I'm a new student living in Uni Hall this year, in a single room. Does anyone know what the rooms are like, are they a decent size? What are the views like? I'm in room B9. Thanks
Luke

Re:

Postby bdw on Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:46 pm

Lumsden has generally good sized rooms. B9 (I think) overlooks the tennis courts and has views out over the sports fields. Piccies in the attached:

http://www.uni-hall.co.uk/album_cat.php?cat_id=2
bdw

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:24 pm

the rooms are pretty average sized, you cant get everything in there pretty comfortably. Uni hall is a really good hall to be in though, its got a great hall spirit, and the freshers week last year was the best of all the halls! you'll have a great time!

Re:

Postby emerald_lady on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:56 pm

Hey Luke,
Hows it goin man?
Congradulations for getting into uni hall, you are going to love it!
The rooms in lumsden are a good size and big enough so that you dont need tonnes of stuff to fill them up! The toilets and kitchens have been refurbished and some are being updated at the moment-spangly, sparkly and clean-nice!
You probably wont be spending too much time in your room though, what with all the party's, competitions, social gatherings and pranks we have, you'll only be in there for sleeping anyway, and knowing all of us, that wont even be very long! ;)
If you have any questions regarding any part of hall at all I'd be more than happy to help you out. If not I look forward to seeing you this year, and all the best.
Lindsey
x
averyeasyname@hotmail.com
emerald_lady

Re:

Postby lizzie_liz on Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:00 pm

hey ya
have to second what lindsay has said. it is def the best hall in town with all the free vodka bars, any excuse for a party!
we work hard play hard!
i have totally enjoyed my year in hall meeting all the great people gonna miss it next year when i move into a house but who knows i may return again!
lizzie_liz

Re:

Postby Hikari on Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:22 am

Old Wing rooms are mostly lovely. Lumsden is more modern but everything you need. Wardlaw is similar to Old Wing.
Hikari

Re:

Postby flibbertygibbert on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:19 am

wait - you already got your room accomodations???
flibbertygibbert

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:24 am

Quoting flibbertygibbert from 15:02, 10th Jun 2006
wait - you already got your room accomodations???

The date of the OP is 13th September 2005 so it's just a case of threadmancy rather than getting room allocations early.

Re:

Postby lem on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:25 am

check the date of the first post: September 2005.
lem

Re:

Postby amyp on Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:17 pm

Quoting Luke from 14:22, 13th Sep 2005
I'm a new student living in Uni Hall this year, in a single room. Does anyone know what the rooms are like, are they a decent size? What are the views like? I'm in room B9. Thanks

im in university halls aswell..anyone no wot room D34 is like?? please tell me it has a sink!:)
amyp

Re:

Postby Alexandra on Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:05 pm

Quoting amyp from 15:31, 2nd Sep 2006

im in university halls aswell..anyone no wot room D34 is like?? please tell me it has a sink!:)

hey uni hall mates,
Im in room UN/c35...anybody know what view that room has?
can't wait to meet you all....AT THE FREE VODKA BAR :)
Alexandra

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:03 pm

I was in D36 in first year (next door to D34) and it's a really nice room - has a view over the dining hall which was handy for checking to see how long the queues were at dinner time! The room does have a sink - or at least it did in 2000!

Quoting Alexandra from 19:59, 2nd Sep 2006
Quoting amyp from 15:31, 2nd Sep 2006

hey uni hall mates,
Im in room UN/c35...anybody know what view that room has?
can't wait to meet you all....AT THE FREE VODKA BAR :)

Return to New Students! First Years!