Home

TheSinner.net

Advice for the New Kids.

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Re:

Postby Vice Principal Ambassador on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:27 pm

I agree with Dr Alex, people like to ask where you're from in the hope that you are from near them etc...

I've been doing tours of New Hall today and I recognised the accent of one of the prospective students on my tour. I asked him where he hailed from and sure enough he came from a town near me and happened to attend the same sixth form college I went to.

It's nice to find someone else from the North of England here as well. I don't think that person was judging you - they just wanted to know a little bit about you.

Anyhow, if the rest of your Visiting Day went well (How did the reception and tours and talks go?)- then I wouldn't let one wee thing ruin your image of the uni.

As has been said several times before here - there are lovely people and not so lovely people in every town. St Andrews is no different in that respect. But given its small size - it's easier to meet the lovely people. :)
Vice Principal Ambassador

Re:

Postby panniking on Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:12 pm

oh im sorry i didn't mean 2 sound like a meany honest!!! and i didnt intend to judge! and im totally up for meeting new people and making friends! i was just taken a back thats all... spose everyones nervous bout fitting in and what he sed just made me uncomfortable, but like you said maybe i just misread his tone. sorry didnt mean to offend.
panniking

Previous

Return to New Students! First Years!