Home

TheSinner.net

Residence Assignments

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Residence Assignments

Postby laura on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:29 am

Just out of curiosity, as I realize Orientation is a very long way away, can anyone give me an estimate as to when new students generally receive their housing assignments for the year?

Thanks!
laura

Re:

Postby Colleen on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:51 pm

I got mine when my offer become unconditional; it arrived in late August, after I passed my A-Levels.

Hope that helps!
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Telinar on Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:14 pm

Depends on your offer. If you got an unconditional and your accommodation form is in, then replies come around June if i remember rightly. If your conditional, then see above post.

[hr]

http://telinar-beln.deviantart.com or http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105240
Telinar

Re:

Postby Jono on Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:29 pm

I got mine just after results day! Ah.. brings back memories of running around filling in countless forms, sorting out bank accounts, accomidation, UCAS. Reading Rules and contracts and Student loans.

[hr]

Don't mention the Nazi's!
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:24 pm

for conditional offers they're sent out after your exam grades confirm your place in august.

Quoting laura from 23:58, 24th Apr 2006
Just out of curiosity, as I realize Orientation is a very long way away, can anyone give me an estimate as to when new students generally receive their housing assignments for the year?

Thanks!

Re:

Postby casey on Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:25 pm

Does the roomate assignment come with the Hall assignment?
casey

Re:

Postby holden caulfield on Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:09 pm

Quoting casey from 16:07, 25th Apr 2006
Does the roomate assignment come with the Hall assignment?

The hall confirmation letter will well you if you have a single or a shared room, but I'm pretty sure they don't tell you anything about your roommate - you just meet them when you move in.

I'm assuming that you are american as finding out about your roommate is normal, but here it doesnt happen. I dont know, it could be a privacy issue
holden caulfield

Re:

Postby laura on Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:05 pm

My offer was unconditional but I'm an American, so I wonder if the two cancel out.
In any case, no matter where I am, I'll be moving in on September 16th. I can't wait.
laura

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:05 pm

You know nothing about your room-mate - other than the assumption that they will be of the same gender - until you arrive on the first day.

Re:

Postby Holly on Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:12 am

Quoting laura from 21:13, 25th Apr 2006
My offer was unconditional but I'm an American, so I wonder if the two cancel out.
In any case, no matter where I am, I'll be moving in on September 16th. I can't wait.

I'm in the exact same boat. I hate waiting, especially since all my friends are getting their university e-mail accounts and finding out what their accomodations are going to be. Oh well, I was the first of all of them to find out where I was going, so I guess I can't complain too loudly.
Holly

Re:

Postby casey on Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:01 pm

yes, same for me, oh well see you all in september
casey

Re:

Postby John on Mon May 01, 2006 6:28 pm

As it gets closer to September folk usually start to post threads in search of their room mates. Check out your hall website and there is ususally a forum which people try to find their room mate. Good luck!
John

Return to New Students! First Years!