Home

TheSinner.net

Best Mobile Provider and Plan

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Re:

Postby lizzie_liz on Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:28 am

Uni hall has good signal for all providers, i know def O2, especially in lumsden
lizzie_liz

Re:

Postby emily on Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:59 pm

do most plans have pretty cheap international calling rates? or is one better than another. i'll be studying abroad at st andrews and will definitely have to call the states every now and again....
emily

Re:

Postby box_of_delights on Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:31 pm

You might be best picking up an International Calling Card sold in BESS (the union shop). It would probably offer far better rates than any mobile plan. I think I'm right in saying you can use the call cards on the uni internal phone network (i.e. from your hall bedroom).

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37101440
box_of_delights

Re:

Postby mishy on Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:17 pm

Quoting emily from 16:54, 11th Sep 2006
do most plans have pretty cheap international calling rates? or is one better than another. i'll be studying abroad at st andrews and will definitely have to call the states every now and again....

if you are on verizon it's $1.29 a minute. I think cingular and t-mobile are just as expensive. Your best bet may be to buy a sim-card when you get to the UK and just pay as you go.
mishy

Re:

Postby kimando on Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:13 pm

O2!!!
kimando

Previous

Return to New Students! First Years!