Home

TheSinner.net

Accomodation, when did you find out?

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Accomodation, when did you find out?

Postby smit on Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:09 pm

I have been told that you find out what accomodation you have been allocated in June, its the 28th and as yet still no news. Has anyone been told? When did resident students find out last year? I'm guessing there is no need to worry just yet, but when should I call to find out if there is no news?
smit

Re:

Postby The Penguin Of Death! on Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:50 am

Quoting smit from 18:57, 28th Jun 2006
I have been told that you find out what accomodation you have been allocated in June, its the 28th and as yet still no news. Has anyone been told? When did resident students find out last year? I'm guessing there is no need to worry just yet, but when should I call to find out if there is no news?

ok - the important question is, have you got a conditional or unconditional offer? if it's conditional then you won't get given acccommodation until you get your results. if it's unconditional then give it another couple of weeks before starting to panic, they have a lot of them to send out! (and yes, i remember last year thats all anyone would say to me - "be patient, accommodation will come soon enough" - and i hated them for it heehee :-P)
The Penguin Of Death!

Re:

Postby Trinity on Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:30 am

I found out I'll be staying in New Hall next year, but don't worry if you haven't received any news yet because everyone else I know hasn't heard anything either. =)

Quoting smit from 18:57, 28th Jun 2006
Trinity

Re:

Postby rg237 on Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:06 pm

Hey don't be worried if some have their places and others are still waiting...as I recall last year that all the offers were staggered, with different halls sending out forms at slightly different times!
How do you know the future you've got now is the same future you're going to have if something in the past is different from the last time you went back to the future?
rg237

Re:

Postby Jaspar on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:36 am

I just rang them up yesterday, and they told me that they were sending my thing really soon. They said I'll be in a shared room in McIntosh Hall, which sounds good to me.
Jaspar

Re:

Postby Scully on Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:37 pm

When I was started I found out 2 WEEKS BEFOREHAND, so i wouldn't worry just yet!
Scully

Re:

Postby King Henry on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:01 am

yeah, first time I went through first year (i changed my degree...and am a bit of a bum) i didn't find out where i was gonna be staying until, i think, the week before i moved in. it sucked, but here i am 2 years on and im fine.
King Henry

Re:

Postby missa on Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:44 am

have any international students found out?

(i figure we'll hear later because of being over seas but i was hoping that it would be sooner rather than later!)
missa

Re:

Postby box_of_delights on Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:43 pm

I applied and got accepted the year before my gap year, which meant I got my accomodation info through quite early the year I was starting. Funnily enough I've never considered that most people probably wouldn't have found out until around A-level results time.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37101440
box_of_delights

Gavin

Postby Guest on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:00 pm

I got mine this morning and I've been allocated to Gannochy House which was my first choice. And it took 4 days for me to receive it in post(according to the date they issued this letter). Does anyone know the exact location of room SS/GY63? I guess I will be living there for the forthcoming academic year.

Return to New Students! First Years!