Home

TheSinner.net

uni hall

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

uni hall

Postby lord_darlington on Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:31 am

Ive been put in W27A. Does anyone know which part of the hall I'm in? or what the room is like?
lord_darlington

Re:

Postby lizzie_liz on Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:11 pm

Quoting lord_darlington from 11:29, 30th Jun 2006
Ive been put in W27A. Does anyone know which part of the hall I'm in? or what the room is like?

hi ya
replied on www.uni-hall.co.uk
lizzie_liz

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:41 am

hey,
Uni hall is a bit of a different hall. There are three parts that make it up; old wing (the original part), lumsden (a bit that was added in the 1950s) and Wardlaw (a seperate building).
Wardlaw is an all girls building (the only all-girls building left in St Andrews, most halls have different floors for boys and girls).
If you are in 27A you are on the top floor (there is ground, middle and top) which involves climbing up 50+ stairs. It's quite tough to start but you get used to it (I was in wardlaw last year).
Wardlaw is a really friendly place to live, this year we had pyjama parties and things, it's great fun(apart from in the winter when you have to walk outside over to the main building in the snow for breakfast!)

Re:

Postby emerald_lady on Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:26 am

you're actually on the bottom floor. Near the wash room.
emerald_lady

please help

Postby newkid on Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:29 pm

what section is room UN/E8 in?
newkid

Re:

Postby lizzie_liz on Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:39 am

Quoting newkid from 19:08, 4th Aug 2006
what section is room UN/E8 in?

Hi ya
E8 is in lumsden and E floor is where i lived last year. E8 is a single room, there are only about 11 girls on E floor and is right below the dinning room. You are also on the ground floor so no stairs to climb! well only to go to the meals! You will share a kitchen with the A floor lads who are also on the ground floor of lumsden.
Go to www.uni-hall.co.uk which is a uni hall forum. there is somebody on there who i think is also in e floor next year.
You will really enjoy it, its the best hall with a very good social life but don't get stuck down on e floor as not many people know it is there!!
lizzie_liz

Return to New Students! First Years!