Home

TheSinner.net

John Burnett Annexe

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

John Burnett Annexe

Postby HallConfused on Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:19 pm

Im going to be a first year this fall and am living in John Burnett Annexe...whats this hall like? How big are the rooms? Is it a long walk from town?...Any information would be welcome, i dont know anything of this hall.
HallConfused

Re:

Postby Big X on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:25 am

Quoting HallConfused from 17:37, 6th Jul 2006
Im going to be a first year this fall and am living in John Burnett Annexe...whats this hall like? How big are the rooms? Is it a long walk from town?...Any information would be welcome, i dont know anything of this hall.

oh hi man,
the annexe is right next door to the main hall, but its literally just somewhere for you to sleep, all the action goes on next door. its on links crescent which is just north street (one of the 3 main streets) continued on a bit. takes about 5 mins to get to sallies quad/scores for history/languages/art hist/soc anth.....about the same time to get to the north haugh for sciences and maths.

if you;re in the annexe you'll have a pretty tiny room, but you wont be sharing and you've got an en-suite shower room. i left john burnet after 1st year and have spent the last 2 years in private flats. the year i was it it the place capped off a few years of debauchery by the residents with having anumber of people (including the senior student) kicked out....after this the majority of people were not let back in to stay in second year, to try and calm the place down a bit. its not packed with girls generally (good and bad) and has basically lost its rep for being the biggest drinking hall, but its still a good laugh.

make sure you go to all the hall events (especially fernie castle in the second week). its a very small hall, only about 150 people or something, but most people get together for meals which is always good banter.

[hr]

"Never apologise for showing feeling, in doing so you apologise for truth" Disraeli
"Never apologise for showing feeling, in doing so you apologise for truth" Disraeli
Big X

Return to New Students! First Years!