Home

TheSinner.net

Religion in St. Andrews?

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Re:

Postby steerpike on Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:54 pm

Quoting novium from 20:31, 5th Oct 2006
I was reading about the above, and in it mentioned that there were 10,000,000 people who were members of evangical churches. So... about 3%. Run for your lives! Run from the mighty three percent!

[hr]

tamen ira procul absit, cum qua nihil recte fieri, nihil considerate potest.

where did you read that?

[hr]

Nothing is easier than to condemn the evildoer, nothing is harder than to understand him.

F.Dostoevsky
steerpike

Re:

Postby novium on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:33 am

hmm...well, I did see a news program on it the same day I saw this thread, perhaps it was in that?

[hr]

Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby Nick82 on Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:46 pm

One of the other ways to look at this is that they may only be 3% but they are the motivated 3%. Similar to the problem with Muslim or any other kind of extremism. If you believe passionatly about something you'll put more effort into it and achieve more.
Paul is the exception to this rule.
Nick82

Re:

Postby novium on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:07 pm

I somehow get the impression, mostly because of the middle east, that muslim extremism is sadly, currently not such a small percentage.

[hr]

Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:57 pm

Quoting novium from 14:07, 25th Oct 2006
I somehow get the impression, mostly because of the middle east, that muslim extremism is sadly, currently not such a small percentage.

[hr]

In that case its no longer extremism but a very dangerous religon. I don't know but I don't think that the majority of muslims do subscribe to a very extreme view.

Previous

Return to New Students! First Years!