Home

TheSinner.net

St Salvators - Ask Away

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Re:

Postby Cop on Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:38 pm

Quoting from 11:10, 26th Jul 2006
If youre sharing ask for a9 b9 or c9 alternatively a11 b11 c11, or a30, b30 and c30. theyre the huge corner rooms

Umm.. I think you mean A10, B10, C10. All the 11 rooms are pretty cosy.
Cop

Re:

Postby hmmmhaveabanana on Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:13 pm

A30 is a large corner double room on the first (second if your American) floor on the sea side of Sallies. With it being on the end it has lots of windows. Might be a little cold in the winter so bring a thick duvet if you can because Sallies duvets are pretty thin.
hmmmhaveabanana

Re:

Postby Joe on Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:54 am

Hey everyone! My room number is GY75... anyone know anything about it? Am I looking at the ocean or a wall or what? Thanks!
Joe

Re:

Postby hmmmhaveabanana on Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:33 pm

GY means Gannochy House which is next door to Sallies. Not idea what room that is becuase only Postgrads live there.
hmmmhaveabanana

Re:

Postby Adzs on Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:58 pm

Seen as everyone else is asking .. whats A7 like???
Adzs

Re:

Postby Drew on Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:26 pm

Cheers to Joe and other future Gannochy postgrads, I'm in GY73. Anyone have comments on Gannochy in general or my room in particular? I hear they're all quite small.
Drew

Re:

Postby Joe on Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:59 pm

Hello to you as well, Drew. It seems as though most of this board concerns undergrads. We could try the Postgrad board, but it looks pretty dead. Anyway, we\\\\\\\'ll be in there soon enough (less than a week!). And unless I\\\\\\\'m wrong, you (73) and I (75) are neighbors, so I\\\\\\\'ll see you soon. Everyone enjoy their last week of summer!
Joe

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:37 pm

Hi, I'm a student from the united states studying at St. Andrews for the next four years. I just found out that I am in St. Salvators for this coming year. I believe that I am in room B33A. Do any of you know anything about it? Thanks!

Re:

Postby Kirst on Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:21 pm

Quoting from 18:30, 6th Jul 2007
Hi, I'm a student from the united states studying at St. Andrews for the next four years. I just found out that I am in St. Salvators for this coming year. I believe that I am in room B33A. Do any of you know anything about it? Thanks!

It's one of the best rooms in Sallies! I lived there last year. It's quite small and cosy but you have a view of the sea which is great. There's also a stain on the ceiling that was there when i arrived. Hope you enjoy it!
Kirst

roommate!

Postby Burlap on Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:50 pm

Hey everyone. Im going to be in A9b, i guess thats a big corner room, and id love to find out who my roommate will be. that dumb privacy rule wont allow it!! It was recommended i post around these forums.
Burlap

Re:

Postby Kelsey on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:10 pm

Hi everyone! Does anyone here know what room A34a is like? Or better yet, is anyone here my roommate? Luckily I just got my accommodation offer before I go on holiday for two weeeks. Can't wait to start, but it still seems ages away!
Kelsey

Re:

Postby jul on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:27 pm

i'm in A17, and i'm also looking for my roommate...
jul

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:27 pm

Anyone know anything about GY6?

And as someone from a warmer climate, will I need to bring extra blankets or are the ones provided Gannochy warm enough?

Re:

Thank god I got that accommodation email before I flee the country in a few hours! Looks like I'm in A34a... are there any potential roommates/neighbours kicking about here? Or does anyone know anything about the room?

Re:

Hi, i was just wondering if the A floor was the top floor, or the ground floor (A floor is the top in macintosh, so i'm thinking this is the same situation?)

Re:

Postby Faith on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:27 pm

Hey everyone.
Im going to be in room A27a. If your sharing with me let me know. It would be great to know who you are so i can say hi.
xxxx
Faith

Re:

Postby pgm9 on Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:01 pm

"A" Floor is the first floor in sallies (as its more commonly known amongst students).
pgm9

Re:

Postby CRobb on Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:43 pm

Hey, I'm in A 19, and I was wondering what it's like. Next year is going to be so great! Thanks a ton.
CRobb

Re:

Postby CRobb on Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:43 pm

Hey, I'm in A19 next year. What's it like? And rommie, are you out there?

Thanks!
CRobb

Re:

Postby CRobb on Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:54 pm

Quoting CRobb from 04:02, 29th Jul 2007
Hey, I'm in A19 next year. What's it like? And rommie, are you out there?

Thanks!

I really didn't mean to post twice... sorry.
CRobb

PreviousNext

Return to New Students! First Years!